Windows 10: I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

Discus and support I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, As the title said, I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission. I have only one account on this laptop, and this account is an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chinjun kang, Apr 1, 2021.

1. I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

Hi,

As the title said, I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

I have only one account on this laptop, and this account is an Administrator account

it shows the following in Setting > Accounts > Your info:

"Local Account

Administrator"

but, somehow it seems like I don't have the Administrator permission because I was asked many times "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder" in many actions ex: Copy files to "C:\Program Files", start or stop a service etc.

but when I restarted in safe mode, I never get asked again for permission. I want to ask is this the expected behaviour from Windows? or as I suspected some App is changing my permission. If it is some App changing my permission, is there a way to find out which App did this and stop it? I want to make sure it is not a malware or virus.

:)

chinjun kang, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 1, 2021
  4. I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

Change administrator permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may arise due to removing/uninstalling Windows 7 by using third party software (not recommended). I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

Run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if any issue found. To do so, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows and X key together and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 2:

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

1. I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission. - Similar Threads - suspecting App changed

2. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator": I'm running Windows 10 Home v22H2. I go into Settings > Privacy > Location and it says "Location for this device is off". The "Change" button is grayed out. There's a red warning above it that says: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator". I don't have an...
  3. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator": I'm running Windows 10 Home v22H2. I go into Settings > Privacy > Location and it says "Location for this device is off". The "Change" button is grayed out. There's a red warning above it that says: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator". I don't have an...
  4. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am suspecting a hacker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  6. I am suspecting a hacker

I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  7. I am suspecting that i have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am suspecting that i have a virus.: Yesterday, I installed something and it was like a disc file. When I restarted my laptop, it went to like disc reparing.Now on chrome sometimes the same extension keeps installing, and whenever I search anything it brings me to bing, before it does that it takes me to a...
  8. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.: Hi. I'm not an expert, too. Well, that's it! I have no more access to many running tasks because not available. Here are attached two photos showing my enviroment and the usual error message.So, many thanks in advance. Cheers, greysmouth IT....
  9. Administrator permissions for removing apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator permissions for removing apps: I am an administrator but do not have permission to remove apps. How do I change my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permissions-for-removing-apps/59fdefbf-ad45-4708-abab-dea5b5e57006
  10. How do I change administrator permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change administrator permissions?: I am unable to delete files. Error message says to contact the administrator. I am the administrator, owner and sole user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator-permissions/3535f0d4-0c0b-4af3-ad87-c1f49ff7b195"