Windows 10: I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC

Discus and support I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This expectation has an evidence against it. First of all My Windows defender was disabled by the red error message " this setting is managed by your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ayaan777, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Ayaan777 Win User

I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC

This expectation has an evidence against it. First of all My Windows defender was disabled by the red error message " this setting is managed by your administrator". I thought that the way to fix this is to edit the registry keysIn registry i moved to >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Mircosoft > Windows Defender. I can highly expect a hacker is spying on me. And to fix my Windows defender i edited these keys. There was a key named "DisableRealTimeMonitoring" which i deleted because i knew it was a virus writer's attack. But i caught something suspicious in this scree

:)

Ayaan777, Jul 30, 2021
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jul 30, 2021
  3. GinnyFLA Win User
    Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker

I have a basic question.

I suspected a hacker installed a keystroke tracking on my computer or something similar.

Unable to get my Lenovo computer (which is also suspect) to launch bios, I tried all instructions F 1, 2, 12; Escape Key, using the Security Recovery option (there was no VEFI Firmware Setting to choose. So I decided to install the Windows 10 refresh option,
    which worked. I have Windows 10 pro from work that I wanted to install, but still cannot get the bios to come up on startup, after attempting everything I saw to do this. As a result I am still suspect that the hacker invasion is still on the computer and
    is somehow stopping the access to my computers bios at startup.

I am concerned that even after the refresh, my computer may be compromised due to the explanation above, but thought this question could be better answered here.

Question: Does a Windows 10 refresh eliminate a hackers tracking or access (and all my passwords have been changed as well) on my computer?

Thank you for your help with this question.

GinnyFLA, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC - Similar Threads - Suspecting hacker has

2. I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission.: Hi, As the title said, I am suspecting some App changed my Administrator permission. I have only one account on this laptop, and this account is an Administrator account it shows the following in Setting > Accounts > Your info: "Local Account Administrator" but,...
  3. DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage: Posted earlier about how DWM has decided to eat my pc from the inside out. I can't do any simple task anymore without it interfering and slowing everything down. Windows up to date, GPU drivers up to date, no malware, fresh install of windows as well. I conclude that...
  4. is it possible that hacker hacks my pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it possible that hacker hacks my pc?: I changed my windows 10 version from home edition to enterprise edition using a product key. I get this product key from telegram. Now my windows version is enterprise edition.is it possible that hacker hacks my pc?...
  5. My original Microsoft account seems to be taken over by a Chinese hacker

My original Microsoft account seems to be taken over by a Chinese hacker: As the title says, my account has been taken over by someone else with a recovery email @tom.com, a Chinese site, so I assume it is a Chinese hacker. The account has the username of a Gmail address I still have control over, but when I try to do the recovery verification...
  6. Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker: I have a basic question. I suspected a hacker installed a keystroke tracking on my computer or something similar. Unable to get my Lenovo computer which is also suspect to launch bios, I tried all instructions F 1, 2, 12; Escape Key, using the Security Recovery option...
  7. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"
  8. My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft: <I have been on tech support twice and both time the tech fails to fix my system and just logs off remote assistance. My system is completly usless with over 25 GB of files I have no idea what they are. They have all been locked down with admin rights i don't have, yyet...
  9. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...
  10. I suspect my computer is remotelly controlled

I suspect my computer is remotelly controlled: Hi all, I've lately been concerned about a malware/spyware or some other security breach on my computer. Let me explain... A month or so back I noticed that on several occasions the mouse started moving on itselft when I was not looking at the screen - not always, but...