Windows 10: I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

Discus and support I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheDyson, Nov 23, 2021.

1. TheDyson Win User

I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit the file This has happened on just about any new file I create.

:)

TheDyson, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Tryx3 Win User

create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    After editing file changes aren't saved.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Which account are you using? Is it Administrator account or standard account?
    I suggest you to login with Admin Account and create a new user account and try to edit the files.

Refer the link below to add an account to the PC.

Add or remove accounts on your PC

If you don’t have admin account follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a local account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to edit the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2021
  4. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

1. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created. - Similar Threads - User computer cant

2. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers: I want to put a file on 4 computers in the network. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers? And how can the file not be lost if two computers are turned off?Thank you for your help....
  3. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers: I want to put a file on 4 computers in the network. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers? And how can the file not be lost if two computers are turned off?...
  4. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers: I want to put a file on 4 computers in the network. How can I only edit the file on one computer if it is not edited on other computers? And how can the file not be lost if two computers are turned off?...
  5. After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user...: After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user account is visible . Plzz plzz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-creating-a-user-account-and-restarting-i-am/470dd471-ae50-468b-9bda-2bc583eadf0e
  6. After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user...

After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user...: After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user account is visible . Plzz plzz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-creating-a-user-account-and-restarting-i-am/470dd471-ae50-468b-9bda-2bc583eadf0e
  7. After creating a user account and restarting i am not able to sign in .also only user...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.: Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit the file This has happened on just about any new file I create....
  9. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.: Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit the file This has happened on just about any new file I create....
  10. I cant create a user in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant create a user in windows 10: How does one simple thing can take so much long? "The User Profile Service service failed to log on. Unable to load user profile" is the message i receive when creating a local account in windows 10. The same message appears when creating an account with an email. No...