Windows 10: I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem

Discus and support I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows is over protecting with its nonsense. I am the only administrator/user of my own PC yet Windows 10 does not recognize me, sounds very stupid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HewKim Loong, Aug 14, 2019.

1. I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem

Windows is over protecting with its nonsense. I am the only administrator/user of my own PC yet Windows 10 does not recognize me, sounds very stupid yet it is happening; why?

:)

HewKim Loong, Aug 14, 2019
  2. IainWatt Win User

adminstrator rights as sole user

Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using Windows 10 and Outlook 365. Please can you give me a step by step idiot's guide to solving this silly
    problem? This is a domestic, single user PC. Thank you.

IainWatt, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2019
  4. I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem

Aministrator privelages required But I am the administrator and sole User.

I had Skype for business app installed, but now it doesn't work an I cannot install a new copy as it claims I don't have administrator privileges. But I am the sole user on the machine, with Administrator privileges.

brianjones50, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem

1. I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem - Similar Threads - sole administrator user

2. Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user: Help. Unable to log on desktop windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooted-windows-11-not-allowed-to-log-in-by/1f7bddc0-49ee-4572-b746-9e71d595790a
  3. Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user: Help. Unable to log on desktop windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooted-windows-11-not-allowed-to-log-in-by/1f7bddc0-49ee-4572-b746-9e71d595790a
  4. my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator: I recently decided to check out the setting for virus and threat protection and when i clicked on manage settings it had told me this setting is managed by your administrator when i am the administrator of my laptop and im the only one who uses it.How do i solve this issue...
  5. Windows 10 does not recognize me as administrator, even though I am the only one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 does not recognize me as administrator, even though I am the only one: Hello, everyone! I have a very strange problem with the user privileges on my laptop. I followed a very long locked thread on the topic, but sadly found no answer to my question. Sorry for the long post in advance, but I am under the impression that it is best to list...
  6. Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.: Denied access to .dmp file even though I am the sole administrator and owner. Advised to go to Minidump folder to learn why my computer just crashed...showing WHEA Unrecoverable Error. I have read that this is normally a hardware fault, and sometimes just a driver issue-...
  7. My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC does not recognize me as administrator.: How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have administrative capapbilities. This in File Explorer....
  8. I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blek_blek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs8sn/i_am_the_sole_user_and_administrator_how_to_get/
  9. How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator: My system won't let me install anything, even running as administrator. My account has administrator rights but my system won't let me install anything......
  10. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator: I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function. Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sole administrator