Windows 10: I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

Discus and support I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am told I have a virus, I have MacAfee virus and malware remover, will this get rid of virus?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardStewart964, Jul 2, 2019.

1. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

I am told I have a virus, I have MacAfee virus and malware remover, will this get rid of virus?

:)

RichardStewart964, Jul 2, 2019
  2. JWW-936 Win User

How to get rid of a virus?

How do you get rid of a virus that asking you to call a phone nim ber to fix

Modified title from: Virus

JWW-936, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them. :)

Sajer, Jul 2, 2019
  4. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

1. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them. - Similar Threads - told virus rid

2. I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...: I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am having a hard time doing so. could someone please help me? I have windows 11 home....
  3. I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...: I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am having a hard time doing so. could someone please help me? I have windows 11 home....
  4. I am suspecting that i have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am suspecting that i have a virus.: Yesterday, I installed something and it was like a disc file. When I restarted my laptop, it went to like disc reparing.Now on chrome sometimes the same extension keeps installing, and whenever I search anything it brings me to bing, before it does that it takes me to a...
  5. Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them

Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them: Hi There A program I downloaded tells me to turn off my proxy and VPN and allow it through the firewall. I don't have proxy or VPN neither does my ISP. I have gone into settings and added the program to allowed through firewall. I even turned off Windows Defender and...
  6. What are these how can I get rid of them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these how can I get rid of them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/real_mister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fys9u4/what_are_these_how_can_i_get_rid_of_them/
  7. Virus? How Do I Get Rid Of It?

Virus? How Do I Get Rid Of It?: I haven't downloaded anything recently, but I'm getting some weird notifications from request4me.com in my notifications. I can't seem to get rid of them. Some of them are pretty shocking, like for adult sites and even fake virus protection. All I do on my PC is play Skyrim...
  8. I have a Sality virus in my computer. How do I get rid of it?

I have a Sality virus in my computer. How do I get rid of it?: Win 10 x64 , Found Sality virus, through Webroot Antivirus. Can't figure out how to get rid of it. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-a-sality-virus-in-my-computer-how-do-i-get/cde193b7-c60e-431e-ac25-dc3cb8587982
  9. am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...: s, amd I the victim of a scam?? there are about 7 or 8 things I am being told I have to agree to let windows do if I want to get my messages including erasing them without my permission. Now I cannot get my lmessages at all. They are on my cell phone. WHY are they or you...
  10. Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

in Windows 10 Support
    Told to contact admin - but i am admin!: I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator. How does all that work? p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control. 114054