Windows 10: I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

Discus and support I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting a popup message in the lower righthand corner saying to press control alt delete to change my password now within the next three days. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Terrawriter, Oct 2, 2018.

1. I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

I am getting a popup message in the lower righthand corner saying to press control alt delete to change my password now within the next three days. I am the administrator on a one-user non-domain non-network except internet connected machine. I have my account set up as "password never expires." I ran sfc /scannow, and in the CBS log it says, "2018-10-02 08:23:36, Info CSI 00000db6 Error: Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\resources\themes\aero in component Microsoft-Windows-aero, version 10.0.17134.228, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}"

I do now want to change my Microsoft account password unless I have to. I have had problems with this account, set as AAD joined, domain joined, all kinds of problems I am currently trying to fix. Under User Accounts it says I am using a local account, but under Settings, it appears I am using a Microsoft account, which is what I want to be doing. Ideas?

:)

Terrawriter, Oct 2, 2018

2. I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

As I said, I am a non-AAD non-domain joined single consumer user. I use Windows 10 Pro, and administrative tools had already set the account to "password never expires," which it actually still is set at. Some other entity has joined my account to AAD, and/or
    a domain. I do not know who but I am a journalist and I believe it could be for surveillance sake. I complained about it before but I do not know that there is a solution. I personally do not have an Azure account. If there is an Azure account someone else
    has created it for me. So it does no good to use the link you so kindly provided, but I guess it helps to know if that is why I am being told I need to change my password. Then it would be a part of the hacking. Also, I note I no long have administrative capabilities
    to use a lot of the functions on my machine. The diagnostic tool will not work, and when I try to start it in Services, I am told, Access Denied.

Did the CBS log help diagnose the password problem? It said duplicate log on.

Thank you,

Terri Hansen

Terrawriter, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 5, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

How did you set your account to never expire if non domain joined machine.

Did you do it via Computer Management?

If your account is an azure AD account they are set to expire.

You have to user powershell and connect to your subscription and set password never expires.

See link.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-an...

SarahKong, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire - Similar Threads - told change Microsoft

2. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  3. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  4. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password: This keeps appearing when I open my pc yet I never changed the password and I don t think anyone logged in besides me. Could I be hacked or is this just a glitch? submitted by /u/bstoica9904 [link] [comments]...
  7. Password set to never expire with GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  8. Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

in Windows 10 News
    Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Most of us have a habit of keeping using the same password for a long time. It’s dangerous, mainly if the password is in use at multiple places. It is possible that in a security breach, the password was open [...] This post Set a Password Expiration Date...
  9. Windows Configuration Designer - set password on never expire

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer - set password on never expire: Hi Everyone, I have a noob question. I want to test the Windows Configuration Designer. But i didn't see an option for set the password of localadmin to "never expire". Some one know where is it ? Or it's by default ? thanks by advance !...
  10. Password prompt, but never set password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password prompt, but never set password: Hi Group, Well, finally happened. We take extreme care when we set up Windows. We take every measure to make absolutely we never enter a password. Microsoft lays a minefield to try to force a password on you. If you're careful enough, it works,,, for a while. You can...