Windows 10: I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...

Discus and support I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently in the process of moving Windows to another motherboard, and would like to know if, after I put Windows on my USB stick, will I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StormMcCauley, Aug 4, 2020.

1. I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...

Hi, I am currently in the process of moving Windows to another motherboard, and would like to know if, after I put Windows on my USB stick, will I still be able to use Windows on the original computer, granted without the product key. Thanks!!

:)

StormMcCauley, Aug 4, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

I'm trying to install windows 10 in new computer from USB drive.

I don't really understand what you're saying.

You have two options:

A) Have a previously licensed version of Windows 7 or 8 on a PC, run the GWX upgrade to Windows 10 (which then swaps your Windows 7/8 key to a Windows 10 license), then do a clean install and Microsoft will automatically license that PC provided the motherboard is installed.

B) Have a Windows 10 license, install Windows 10 on the PC as a clean install, and input that license.

RCoon, Aug 4, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 4, 2020
  4. I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...

I'm trying to install windows 10 in new computer from USB drive.

So windwos 10 files that installed in USB, is it still possible install in the another computer? My plan is install win 10 in new installed computer with files downloaded in USB.

blizzard49, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...

1. I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will... - Similar Threads - transferring copy USB

2. How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?: I thought I could just make a windows 10 setup disk and then boot to it and run it like I've done for every version over the last 40 years.But when I made the window 10 setup disk downloaded to windows.iso file and burned to dvd disk and tried to boot to it, it just showed a...
  3. How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?: I thought I could just make a windows 10 setup disk and then boot to it and run it like I've done for every version over the last 40 years.But when I made the window 10 setup disk downloaded to windows.iso file and burned to dvd disk and tried to boot to it, it just showed a...
  4. How Do I Install Windows 10 On Another Drive On My Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?: I am going to build a new PC and want to find out if I can transfer my copy of Windows 10 to the new build. It seems like it is very difficult to find out exactly what license you have on your copies of windows. Currently, I have 3 copies:I have an OEM version of Windows on a...
  6. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?: I am going to build a new PC and want to find out if I can transfer my copy of Windows 10 to the new build. It seems like it is very difficult to find out exactly what license you have on your copies of windows. Currently, I have 3 copies:I have an OEM version of Windows on a...
  7. Can I copy/transfer my copy of Windows 10 that I have preinstalled to my USB drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I copy/transfer my copy of Windows 10 that I have preinstalled to my USB drive?: So what I’m trying to do is clone my storage on my laptop and for one of the steps, it says I need a copy of Windows 10. My problem is that I don’t want to buy Windows 10 (because for $139, that’s expensive as hell and I’m not buying that). I already have Windows preinstalled...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy": Hello, So I have Minecraft Windows 10 Edition installed on one PC, and it works flawlessly with the Gamer-tag login I use, no complaints. The issue is that the game does not show up as a "game I own" in the xbox companion app I have installed. This normally wouldn't be a...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 to another computer

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer: Hi there! I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bits installed in my computer, it's a retail version (I checked using slmgr -dli on cmd). I'm going to buy a laptop and i want to transfer my Win 10 to it, also I want to install the 64 bit version. The reason I'm transferring Win 10 is that...
  10. transferring my current copy of windows 10 to another motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transferring my current copy of windows 10 to another motherboard: I want to transfer my hard drive including my current activated copy of windows 10-pro to another computer that has no hard drive installed but has a faster cpu and more ram. What do I need to do before I make this hardware change?...