Windows 10: I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account

Discus and support I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i try to link my windows 10 laptop to be in my Microsoft i go to apps used by other accounts and try to add it it says user name dont exist , Yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KING00011, May 19, 2023.

1. KING00011 Win User

I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account

When i try to link my windows 10 laptop to be in my Microsoft i go to apps used by other accounts and try to add it it says user name dont exist , Yet i can sign into it on the web. What am i doing wrong ?

:)

KING00011, May 19, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 19, 2023
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account :(

Zakin, May 19, 2023
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, May 19, 2023
Thema:

1. I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account - Similar Threads - trying add laptop

2. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  3. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  4. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account: When i try to link my windows 10 laptop to be in my Microsoft i go to apps used by other accounts and try to add it it says user name dont exist , Yet i can sign into it on the web. What am i doing wrong ?...
  6. I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account

I am trying to add windows 10 laptop to my microsoft account: When i try to link my windows 10 laptop to be in my Microsoft i go to apps used by other accounts and try to add it it says user name dont exist , Yet i can sign into it on the web. What am i doing wrong ?...
  7. I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...: How do I sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-sign-inti-my-microsoft-account-on/db145774-1413-449f-a2bd-956c5ea50384
  8. I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...

I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...: How do I sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-sign-inti-my-microsoft-account-on/db145774-1413-449f-a2bd-956c5ea50384
  9. I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my windows password and I am unable to add a Microsoft account.: I need help resetting my windows password, not my microsoft account password. I did not add security questions to recover my password, and I have forgotten my password. Can anybody help me fix this problem. I do not have a usb drive or disk drive in my computer either. I have...
  10. My windows 10 laptop is missing and I am trying to locate and lock thru my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows 10 laptop is missing and I am trying to locate and lock thru my Microsoft account.: I am trying to locate and lock my laptop and the "find my device" tab says that the last known location is my house but it won't lock. The battery is dead, is that the reason. I can't find it anywhere and I fear it has been taken. Can the location be altered? It says that...