Windows 10: I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't...

Discus and support I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I has Windows 10. I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't finish burning. Says it could be the need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbieBrewer, Jul 6, 2019.

1. I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't...

I has Windows 10. I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't finish burning. Says it could be the need to update the Firmware (if so what do I need to do to update) or the disc I am trying to burn to is either full or corrupted. I've tried several different CD's and even different brands and I still get the message. It has been awhile since I lasted burned a CD and it did burn. I haven't changed anything and now I can't get it to burn at all. I even made sure I was using the CD audio option.

:)

BarbieBrewer, Jul 6, 2019
  2. MDLady45 Win User

Trying to burn a CD using Windows Media Player

Hello,

I am trying to burn a music CD from Windows Media Player. I verified that I am using the current version. When I click on burn, I get an error message saying "Windows Media cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to
    the files in the burn list."

There is no icon next to the music file. I have clicked on each file and do not see an icon. I purchased all my music from Amazon and it is downloaded in my computer.

I have previously burned a music CD with no problem using other songs, so I know it has something to do with the songs on this list. My question is, how can I determine what song is getting me the error message?

MDLady45, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Unable to burn the content to CD as it ejects at 99% on Windows Media Player

Hi James,

As you are facing issues with burning the content to CD from Windows Media Player, do not we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of burning the content to CD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2019
  4. shirls4 Win User

I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't...

burning music to a cd

We are using CD-R to try and make a music CD. We get to 99% then a box comes up saying - Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. We have tried reducing the speed the disc gets written at to medium from fast but
    still no joy!

shirls4, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't...

1. I am trying to burn a Music CD and the Media Player gets to 99% and then says it can't... - Similar Threads - trying burn Music

2. Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD: I have Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and am using a plug-in CD burner Dell. My Windows Media Player always burned my music purchased and downloaded from Amazon before with no issues. Suddenly the music will burn to the disc but can't be played anywhere other than on my laptop....
  3. Trying to burn music thru windows media player,

Trying to burn music thru windows media player,: Disk drive almost completes burn then it kicks me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-burn-music-thru-windows-media-player/f8e0decd-b093-48ff-8be8-fd2f311a1578
  4. CD player will not burn music on to CD

CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  5. Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD: When using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD, the result is files burned on the CD with a name of Track01.cda, Track02.cda, Track03.cda, etc. Each file is 1 KB in size. Further, the disk becomes write-protected so it must be thrown away. The original files...
  6. Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.

Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.: I have Windows 10 and when I try to burn a music cd I get an error message that says some files couldn't be burned to disk. The songs that would not burn have a red X beside them. The cd never starts to burn....
  7. Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player: Will not burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-music-cds-on-windows-10-media-player/1ffa7c83-a0d9-4bc3-9203-015aaebbffdd
  8. Trying to burn a CD using Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to burn a CD using Windows Media Player: Hello, I am trying to burn a music CD from Windows Media Player. I verified that I am using the current version. When I click on burn, I get an error message saying "Windows Media cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files...
  9. I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....: I am trying to more music files I have to a audio CD to use on a CD player. Can't get it to work, I have CD-RW disks, Are these capable for this use? When I just copied the files to the CD with file Explorer it does not play on the CD player. When I tried CD burner software...
  10. Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.: I have my burn list ready, but when I click "Start Burn," I get an error message that the files could not be burned and to remove the files that have an icon beside them. There are no icons. One of your help comments said click Blank Disk on the left side of the screen. I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player burning audio stuck at 99%

2. burning cd-r gets 99% then craches

3. windows media player stops burning at 99%

4. windows media player 99%,
  5. windows media player burn gets to 99% then stops,
  6. media player burning 99% frozen?,
  7. my media player quits at 99%,
  8. windows media stops burning at 99%,
  9. after burning a cd in windows media player in windows 10 it gives man error in another player,
  10. in the Media Player I have a list of songs labeled Recently added. How do I burtn them,
  11. windows media player only burns 99% of cd