Windows 10: I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

Discus and support I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Seema Kanwal Gurmani, Oct 21, 2021.

1. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out.

:)

Seema Kanwal Gurmani, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 21, 2021
  4. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

Change local account into administrator

my user account has been changed from administrator to local account and I am unable to do change it.

please help me

whenever I try to change by various methods it just show a dialogue box where it ask for admin user name and password but there is no box to enter details.

So what can I do?

how will I change local account to administrator.

I had uses these methods to change this -

• by run command controlpasswords2
    • by cmd command prompt
    • by user accounts

but every it shows that dialogue box. I also pressed tab key for the box but it only moves between option of "No" and "Show more details".

Ankit Yadav2, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

1. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO - Similar Threads - trying change Password

2. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  3. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  4. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change local administrator password?

How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  6. How to change local administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  7. I forgot my administrator password local password

I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  8. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO: Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out....
  9. I am local account administrator but

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am local account administrator but: I am local account administrator but do not have the rights to stop windows defender. Just switched from Windows 7 2days ago. I am the only person on this computer and had no problems with windows 7. 10 is a strange animal to me. Thanks Richard...
  10. Windows 10, change local administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, change local administrator password: I have one computer in my home with one user account and that account is administrator . It is connected to a online Microsoft (Microsoft live?) account with my email as user name. I use a local password to log in to my computer. My local password and my online Microsoft...