Windows 10: I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local...

Discus and support I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to remove the microsoft account of my mother from the local admin account for my computer cause when I keep changing the picture, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alexander Plaza Vigo, Jan 9, 2021.

1. I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local...

I am trying to remove the microsoft account of my mother from the local admin account for my computer cause when I keep changing the picture, it changes her outlook picture. I tried a thread called Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Maker JohnnyShockz person who replied Andre for directly. I ran the troubleshooter and had the same thing as him, Andre replies to go to his account and sign in with local account instead, I put the password of the account of my mother then it asks me for my password one more time, I put the password of the microsoft account of my mom and it says wrong password. What do I do?

:)

Alexander Plaza Vigo, Jan 9, 2021

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local... :(

Zakin, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local...

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local...

1. I am trying to change the microsoft account of my account for my computer local... - Similar Threads - trying change microsoft

2. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Trying to change to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change to a local account: I'm trying to change to a local account to access google chrome I can't right now because of the family settings yet I don't see the "sign in with local account" button so what do I do?...
  6. Trying to change to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to change to a local account: I'm trying to change to a local account to access google chrome I can't right now because of the family settings yet I don't see the "sign in with local account" button so what do I do?...
  7. How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?: I want to use the Microsoft Family Safety application to monitor my kid's computer usage, but when setting up his computer, I used my own email account. Now I want to change it. I've been looking for ways to change it without having to create an entirely new user but I...
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....
  9. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  10. Can I revert to a local account if I am unable to sign into my Microsoft Account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I revert to a local account if I am unable to sign into my Microsoft Account?: I forgot the password to my Microsoft Account which I was using to sign into my laptop! I was wondering if it is possible to revert to a local account without having to sign into the Microsoft Account instead of using elevated Command Prompt to create a new local user...