Windows 10: I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

Discus and support I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect my laptop to the network this pc is using? How do I find the security key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jfw#1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Jfw#1 Win User

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

How do I connect my laptop to the network this pc is using? How do I find the security key?

:)

Jfw#1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    I receive the following Network Runtime Error when I try to connect to a secured wireless network.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to connect to a secured wireless network and gets
    Runtime Error. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Corrupt network drivers.
    • Incorrect network settings.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run network troubleshooter to check for any Internet connectivity issues.

a. Press the Windows key on the keyboard; this will bring the search interface.

b. Click ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search result.

c. Under ‘Troubleshoot computer problem’ click on ‘Network and Internet’.

d. Click on ‘Network Adapter’ to start the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 11, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? - Similar Threads - trying connect laptop

2. Where can I find Network Host?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I find Network Host?: I tried to add a Wi-Fi security camera to the Q-See camera system. However the system says that it cannot find the Network Host. What kind of Network Host is it? Where can I find it?...
  3. Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am

Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am: Windows 10 states in Network Status "Not connected" to the internet/network, but i am and I'm online. Edge doesn't work, Skype doesn't work, other MS apps don't work b/c the system isn't recognizing that it's online. ALL non-Microsoft applications are online and work...
  4. Network Status Not Connected, but i am

Network Status Not Connected, but i am: Why is my Network Status Not Connected even though i am able to surf via Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge. But the Windows update, Xbox App and other Windows Apps thinks i am not connected. I've tried resetting, updating and rolling back my network adapter but it didn't work....
  5. how do i show that i am the security administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i show that i am the security administrator: how do i show that i am the security administrater https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-protectwindows8_1/how-do-i-show-that-i-am-the-security-administrator/0f39757f-97ae-45eb-aaf8-d9e4ec47ec9f
  6. how can i find windows 10 proudct key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i find windows 10 proudct key: [IMG] I upgraded by mistake from windows 10 to windows 10 enterprise and I can't find my product key , and I tried to install windows 10 for another time and it didn't work …. so what should I do now ??? I talked to Microsoft support agent and he said that it's a mistake to...
  7. I can't find a computer in my network.

I can't find a computer in my network.: Hey, I am Neha. We have total of 4 computers in the network and out of that i can't find 1 computer. The main issue is this problem is just faced by me. The other 3 computers can see all the computers in their network. Looking forward for a immediate reply. Thank you 112882
  8. Network Status Not Connected on Windows 10 but I am connected.

Network Status Not Connected on Windows 10 but I am connected.: Logged in this morning and certain network connected apps Xbox app, true key password manager, microsoft hello face recognition would not connect to the internet. I have internet access and have no problem browsing but settings shows I have no network connection. Tried other...
  9. active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.: I had windows 8.1 and my homegroup was set up. Everything worked properly. The was an update i believe but I hadnt needed any files from my other pc so it went unnoticed if thats what caused it. At any rate I couldnt connect to the homegroup with my laptop. I tried all my...
  10. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...