Windows 10: I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

Discus and support I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect my laptop to the network this pc is using? How do I find the security key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jfw#1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Jfw#1 Win User

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

How do I connect my laptop to the network this pc is using? How do I find the security key?

:)

Jfw#1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    I receive the following Network Runtime Error when I try to connect to a secured wireless network.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to connect to a secured wireless network and gets
    Runtime Error. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Corrupt network drivers.
    • Incorrect network settings.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run network troubleshooter to check for any Internet connectivity issues.

a. Press the Windows key on the keyboard; this will bring the search interface.

b. Click ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search result.

c. Under ‘Troubleshoot computer problem’ click on ‘Network and Internet’.

d. Click on ‘Network Adapter’ to start the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 11, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key?

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I am trying to connect a laptop computer to this pc network. How can I find the security key? - Similar Threads - trying connect laptop

2. i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer: i need to find my key for windows as i am updating my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-my-windows-key-for-a-new/3e3c6e37-8762-4b2f-b6ac-12a6a29809bf
  3. i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer: i need to find my key for windows as i am updating my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-my-windows-key-for-a-new/3e3c6e37-8762-4b2f-b6ac-12a6a29809bf
  4. I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...: I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network . This has not been a problem in the past https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-connect-laptop-with-pc-but-cannot-connect-pc/5aff33c6-0b7e-4177-9d60-5d1ad274efd4
  5. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I have 4 computers that sheering the same network. 1 Burnserver 2 Klaptop 3 Theburn-pc9, 4 Elains-KitchenI have gone through all the settings, in all the computers.Features: SMB all three option are checkedI have turned off: Internet protocol Version 6Advanced sharing...
  6. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I have 4 computers that sheering the same network. 1 Burnserver 2 Klaptop 3 Theburn-pc9, 4 Elains-KitchenI have gone through all the settings, in all the computers.Features: SMB all three option are checkedI have turned off: Internet protocol Version 6Advanced sharing...
  7. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

8. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I had Microsoft windows crashed about three weeks ago.Since then, I am trying to rebuild my computer.I have increased my C: drive size from 250 MB SSD 2 TB SSD drive.Installed fresh windows 10 Pro.I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network but when I go to...
  9. where can I find the network security key?

where can I find the network security key?: I am trying to connect an HP office jet 6968 to my network. It is asking for my network security ID, I also noticed when I tried to enter a security ID, I Lost my network connection. Appreciate any help.[...
  10. Where can I find the Network Security Key

Where can I find the Network Security Key: Hi I am working on another ASUS Windows 10 Laptop. It won't connect to the Internet. I have a private and secure Internet. When I try to connect to it, it asks me for the Network Security Key. I just need to know where I can find it! Any help is greatly appreciated!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when trying to connect to computer it opens device access list