Windows 10: I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this:

Discus and support I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this: in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a better view, try this: https://superuser.com/questions/1394781/can-i-add-a-possible-setting-index-in-guid In short, there is no option to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ValentinBejenariu, Jan 16, 2019.

1. I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this:

For a better view, try this:

https://superuser.com/questions/1394781/can-i-add-a-possible-setting-index-in-guid

In short, there is no option to turn off the screen in windows 10 for my tablet, when I close the lid.

I have it for the power button, doe. Thing is, both are controlled by the same .dll so I can not simply replace the .dll , nor edit it, as it is hexadecimal.

In CMD, I get this info:

Subgroup GUID: 2e601130-5351-4d9d-8e04-252966bad054 (Idle Resiliency) GUID Alias: SUB_IR Subgroup GUID: 48672f38-7a9a-4bb2-8bf8-3d85be19de4e (Interrupt Steering Settings) GUID Alias: SUB_INTSTEER Subgroup GUID: 4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347 (Power buttons and lid) GUID Alias: SUB_BUTTONS Power Setting GUID: 5ca83367-6e45-459f-a27b-476b1d01c936 (Lid close action) GUID Alias: LIDACTION Possible Setting Index: 000 Possible Setting Friendly Name: Do nothing Possible Setting Index: 001 Possible Setting Friendly Name: Sleep Possible Setting Index: 002 Possible Setting Friendly Name: Hibernate Possible Setting Index: 003 Possible Setting Friendly Name: Shut down Current AC Power Setting Index: 0x00000001 Current DC Power Setting Index: 0x00000001

I want to add this:

Possible Setting Index: 004 Possible Setting Friendly Name: Turn off the display

If any of you is able to turn off the screen when closing the lid, I would be grateful if you could share the powrprof.dll located in System32, so I can try to replace them.

This is the Registry

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347\5ca83367-6e45-459f-a27b-476b1d01c936

Any other suggestion is welcomed.

:)

ValentinBejenariu, Jan 16, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 16, 2019
  3. wenwic Win User
    Keep display ON when lid is closed

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. I have the power settings set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. However, the display turns off when the lid is closed. When I reopen the lid, it immediately comes back up, and is not in sleep mode. But
    it prevents my security camera from recording when the lid is closed because it records based on the display on the screen. I've checked the Display and Power settings and everything appears correct. Is there a workaround or a setting that I'm missing?

wenwic, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this:

Laptop turning off when closing lid

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I see that you have tried few steps that might help us. However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. Open Settings app. Navigate to System > Power & sleep.
    2. In the Related settings section, click Additional power settings link to open Power Options window.
    3. Select Choose what closing the lid does.
    4. Next to When I close the lid, select Do Nothing.
    5. Save changes and test the issue.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this:

1. I am trying to convince my tablet to turn off the display when the lid is closed. I get this: - Similar Threads - trying convince tablet

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  4. When I close the lid off my laptop, I DON'T want it's display to turn off, like when the...

When I close the lid off my laptop, I DON'T want it's display to turn off, like when the...: I want to do this because ROBLOX freezes and my macro becomes inefficient, like if I leave the lid fully open, I get 500k things in 10 minutes, whereas I hardly get 50k things in 10 minutes with the lid closed. I once experienced the display not turning off when I closed the...
  5. When I close the lid off my laptop, I DON'T want it's display to turn off, like when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I close the lid off my laptop, I DON'T want it's display to turn off, like when the...: I want to do this because ROBLOX freezes and my macro becomes inefficient, like if I leave the lid fully open, I get 500k things in 10 minutes, whereas I hardly get 50k things in 10 minutes with the lid closed. I once experienced the display not turning off when I closed the...
  6. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  7. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  8. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  9. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  10. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...