Windows 10: I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

Discus and support I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveParker77, Sep 14, 2019.

1. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do so, but it seems to reinstall the driver when it starts up, so it is still working. I've tried turning off Window's automatic driver updating, but that doesn't seem to make a difference either. Any suggestions?

:)

SteveParker77, Sep 14, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 25, 2019
  3. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps getting reinstalled at startup.

I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do so, but it seems to reinstall the driver when it starts up, so it is still working. I've tried turning
    off Window's automatic driver updating, but that doesn't seem to make a difference either. Any suggestions?

SteveParker77, Sep 25, 2019
  4. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

1. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps... - Similar Threads - trying disable laptop

2. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...
  3. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...
  4. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. pc crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard or try to disable mouse driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard or try to disable mouse driver from device manager: hello, i have a problem whenever i try to unplug my mouse/keyboard my pc turns offi get blue screen but when i unplug flash diski think that's what its called basically external storage nothing wrong happens my pc only crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard. i thought my usb...
  6. pc crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard or try to disable mouse driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard or try to disable mouse driver from device manager: hello, i have a problem whenever i try to unplug my mouse/keyboard my pc turns offi get blue screen but when i unplug flash diski think that's what its called basically external storage nothing wrong happens my pc only crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard. i thought my usb...
  7. pc crashes when i unplug my mouse/keyboard or try to disable mouse driver from device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Deleted keyboard drivers from device manager

Deleted keyboard drivers from device manager: While installing a software defined radio dongle on my Dell G5 desktop I somehow managed to corrupt the keyboard drivers. I followed some very bad on-line advice that said to delete the existing keyboard devices from device manager because they would be recreated upon...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager: I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue screened. Below is the dump logs. CINDY-PC-Tue_10_31_2017_203902_10.zip 96971