Windows 10: I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse

Discus and support I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anyone able to help me to disable my ASUS mouse pad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenSmoody, Mar 6, 2019.

1. I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse

Anyone able to help me to disable my ASUS mouse pad?

:)

KarenSmoody, Mar 6, 2019

2. disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Mar 6, 2019
  3. RCathey Win User
    How to disable mouse pad on ASUS Windows 10 computer

directions to disable mouse pad on ASUS Windows 10 computer

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

RCathey, Mar 6, 2019
  4. I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse

Disabling trackpad when external mouse is active

I have an ASUS laptop running Win10. The touchpad gestures sometimes accidentally activate and make a hash of my typing. I wish to use an external mouse and disable trackpad automatically when that mouse is active. Your advice says:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Ease of Access.
    3. Click Touchpad.
    4. Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    5. You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

As you no doubt know, these instructions are WRONG. There is no toggle switch under touchpad, and no option to toggle touchpad off when using external mouse.

I allow WIN10 to update. It is updated.

So what is the secret? And why is it a secret?

Editorsteve1, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse

1. I am trying to disable my mouse pad on my ASUS computer as I am using an external mouse - Similar Threads - trying disable mouse

2. So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...: I have tried rebooting my mouse but the problem's still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-whenever-i-am-starting-my-system-i-am-having-to/d7d9374b-08cf-46fc-a005-ca0d1854b1be
  3. My mouse cursor is missing when I am trying to log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor is missing when I am trying to log in.: HelloI am having a difficult time where every time I turn on my computer, my mouse cursor is missing. I can't do anything at all. I am stuck at log in screen where I can't use my mouse or my keyboard to sign in. I tried unplugging everything including the mouse USB wired. I...
  4. My mouse cursor is missing when I am trying to log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor is missing when I am trying to log in.: HelloI am having a difficult time where every time I turn on my computer, my mouse cursor is missing. I can't do anything at all. I am stuck at log in screen where I can't use my mouse or my keyboard to sign in. I tried unplugging everything including the mouse USB wired. I...
  5. I am unable to get my mouse/cursor working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to get my mouse/cursor working.: I can’t get my mouse into my laptop screen. I’m lost at how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-get-my-mousecursor-working/c313b39c-2efa-4e00-aa5d-9d6469274917
  6. I am unable to get my mouse/cursor working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to get my mouse/cursor working.: I can’t get my mouse into my laptop screen. I’m lost at how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-get-my-mousecursor-working/c313b39c-2efa-4e00-aa5d-9d6469274917
  7. how can turn the touch pad of when I am using the mouse

how can turn the touch pad of when I am using the mouse: how can turn the touch pad of when I am using the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-turn-the-touch-pad-of-when-i-am-using-the/84a39b56-8c39-4a8f-8972-fcba44f833b0
  8. Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse: How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad? * Moved from IE10/other ***Modified title from: I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.***...
  9. I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.

I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.: How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad? * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-mouse-that-plugs-in-and-not-the/1f78b035-6927-4fd1-9c22-b1d3fe10796f
  10. Mouse pad Use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pad Use: I can not get my mouse pad on new computer to work the same as normal. The side slide bar no longer slides up and done by pressing left key and pulling it down. Now I must put pointer in the bottom of slide bar and tap tap tap and it moves but too fast or jumps to the...