Windows 10: I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates

Discus and support I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone help me please? I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10not just service updates, I am unable to click on any buttongray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronTripp5, Apr 16, 2020.

1. I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates

Can someone help me please?

I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10not just service updates, I am unable to click on any buttongray buttons in the individual service propertiesevery single service. on a side note, My brother worked in the IT departmentsecurity at my local bank and was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver 4 months ago, i am not that good with computers, is they're anyway he could have made restrictions and thats why i cant disable google updater and User experience virtualization service etc..... Thank you!

:)

AaronTripp5, Apr 16, 2020
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, May 23, 2020
  3. johnspack Win User
    Windows 7 services

You should just know which services to set to manual, there are a ton of them, starting with xp. The time service is the first one... unless you set it up properly, just disable it. Then remote registry, I don't need anyone else messing with my registry... disable, I don't use themes, disable, there are a few others too, then things like adobe update service, not needed, disable... it's not that hard to figure out what you can disable, or at least put to manual.
    Edit: if you need suggestions, get The Ultimate Troubleshooter, not free, but it will show you how to do much of this.

johnspack, May 23, 2020
  4. I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates

1. I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates - Similar Threads - trying disable unwanted

2. Disable Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Update Service: Hi,We have Microsoft Team Room TAP and having Windows 11 22H2.I wanted to disable Windows Update as it creates problem sometimes windows stuck on completing windows update process therefore i wanted to permantely disable Windows Update service. To do this Disabled Windows...
  3. Disabling Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows Update Service: Long story short: Windows 11 downloaded itself on my computer. For 2 months I was able to keep pausing it as I do not want to install Windows 11 yet. Last time I went to pause it you need to check for updates first before you can pause again, it started the process of...
  4. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled: I tried everything to turn it to automatically but it says access denied. Does anybody have solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-and-windows-update-media/253afd36-45fe-4f41-995c-84ce1efe5f3e
  5. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled: I tried everything to turn it to automatically but it says access denied. Does anybody have solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-and-windows-update-media/253afd36-45fe-4f41-995c-84ce1efe5f3e
  6. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update services is disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update services is disabled: In windows update tab it is "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  8. Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge: First, Microsoft tried this with Internet Explorer. They "claimed" it was always meant to be part of the O.S. Anti-trust lawsuits said otherwise and required Microsoft to make it removable. Here we are again with Edge and I would like to have ZERO browser products made by...
  9. I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...: I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes internet bandwidth in the background which makes online gaming lag and everything uses internet slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied". I already turned off delivery...
  10. Unwanted Speech Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Speech Services: When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on speech services." I don't want this. I don't have a microphone enabled. Sometimes the service hangs up, and the...