Windows 10: I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

Discus and support I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DivyapratapPratap, Jan 30, 2021.

1. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code 0x80073712.though I am able to install the windows update

:)

DivyapratapPratap, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Fourch Win User

DirectPlay protocol old games issue on Windows 10

Tried already, with no success.

Here is a hint written in the article :

• Windows 10 users may not be able to get this working at all, DirectPlay is pretty old and will not be in your favor when you run the game using reverse compatibility settings.

That's what made pop into my mind there should be an issue with DIrectPlay and WIndows 10

Fourch, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?

You should be able to turn on DirectPlay in Windows Features, it should not ask for a restart when you do so. What happens when you try? What errors or messages do you see?

*Arrow Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that... [​IMG]

4. Bree Win User

I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?

Welcome to TenForums @lyds84

DirectPlay is a deprecated feature, which is why it's not included in Windows 10 by default. It can however be enabled if you need it. NB: you must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn it on. See this tutorial.

*Arrow Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that... [​IMG]

Thema:

I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

1. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that... - Similar Threads - trying enable directplay

2. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install a game through the Microsoft store, the game is Minecraft but I keep getting Error 0x80072EE2, and I'm really getting fed up how microsoft doesn't have any actual chat support, not even bot. I am on Windows 10 PC....
  3. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install a game through the Microsoft store, the game is Minecraft but I keep getting Error 0x80072EE2, and I'm really getting fed up how microsoft doesn't have any actual chat support, not even bot. I am on Windows 10 PC....
  4. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am getting this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error.: I am getting this error which says " C:\ProgramData\MIcrosoft\Windows\UUS\Packages\1201.2307.4011.0\AMD64\uusbrain.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using original installation media or contact your system...
  6. I am getting this error.

I am getting this error.: I am getting this error which says " C:\ProgramData\MIcrosoft\Windows\UUS\Packages\1201.2307.4011.0\AMD64\uusbrain.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using original installation media or contact your system...
  7. I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors: It was installing Microsoft VISUAL C++ 2015 - 2022 RUNTIME. But it shows me an error saying 'vc_runtimeMininum_x86.msi' cannot be found. I tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to work. I tried using Microsoft troubleshooting tools but nothing seems to work....
  8. I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors

I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors: It was installing Microsoft VISUAL C++ 2015 - 2022 RUNTIME. But it shows me an error saying 'vc_runtimeMininum_x86.msi' cannot be found. I tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to work. I tried using Microsoft troubleshooting tools but nothing seems to work....
  9. How do I fix the "0xc00007b" error I am getting when trying to play a game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the "0xc00007b" error I am getting when trying to play a game?: Yesterday morning, I was able to play Genshin Impact without any issues. However, when I came back to play that evening, I couldn't open the game and it gave me a "0xc00007b" error. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but I still couldn't open the game to launch it...
  10. I am trying to install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a game: I am trying to install waruniverse game client from a website and when I finish downloading it and click install, it does nothing, I have tried compatibility mode troubleshooting, redownloading, nothing works. it worked before......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does it says windows could not make requested changes when enabling directplay

2. Why does it says windows couldnt complete the requested changes when enabling directplay