Windows 10: I am trying to install a game

Discus and support I am trying to install a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to install waruniverse game client from a website and when I finish downloading it and click install, it does nothing, I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John-RobertCotton, Oct 14, 2019.

1. I am trying to install a game

I am trying to install waruniverse game client from a website and when I finish downloading it and click install, it does nothing, I have tried compatibility mode troubleshooting, redownloading, nothing works. it worked before...

:)

John-RobertCotton, Oct 14, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

I am trying to install a game

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to install a game

1. I am trying to install a game - Similar Threads - trying install game

2. I am trying to install epic games launcher and it keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install epic games launcher and it keeps crashing.: I have restarted my device multiple times my device is up to date as well what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-epic-games-launcher-and-it/23abe6ac-a2ad-4e6e-9818-9f287309bb8f
  3. I am trying to install epic games launcher and it keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install epic games launcher and it keeps crashing.: I have restarted my device multiple times my device is up to date as well what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-epic-games-launcher-and-it/23abe6ac-a2ad-4e6e-9818-9f287309bb8f
  4. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install a game through the Microsoft store, the game is Minecraft but I keep getting Error 0x80072EE2, and I'm really getting fed up how microsoft doesn't have any actual chat support, not even bot. I am on Windows 10 PC....
  5. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install a game through the Microsoft store, the game is Minecraft but I keep getting Error 0x80072EE2, and I'm really getting fed up how microsoft doesn't have any actual chat support, not even bot. I am on Windows 10 PC....
  6. I am trying to install a game but I get Error 0x80072EE2

7. I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors: It was installing Microsoft VISUAL C++ 2015 - 2022 RUNTIME. But it shows me an error saying 'vc_runtimeMininum_x86.msi' cannot be found. I tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to work. I tried using Microsoft troubleshooting tools but nothing seems to work....
  8. I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors

I am trying to install a few games but I get a lot of errors: It was installing Microsoft VISUAL C++ 2015 - 2022 RUNTIME. But it shows me an error saying 'vc_runtimeMininum_x86.msi' cannot be found. I tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to work. I tried using Microsoft troubleshooting tools but nothing seems to work....
  9. I am trying to download and install a game from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download and install a game from Microsoft store: Hello, I have been having issues on downloading a game from Microsoft store. The compatible drive drop down is not showing my WD_black external hard drive where my Steam games are located. The only drives that is showing is my other external hard drive for my files and my...
  10. I am trying to install a game and it isnt working help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install a game and it isnt working help!: Hello, I've recently bought an external CD Drive in order to download and play some PC games that I've been wanting to play again for years. I am trying to install 'My Horse and Me' which worked on one of my older computers, but I've seen that some people are able to play it...