Windows 10: I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

Discus and support I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; D: drive does not show up as storage. Trying to load TurboTax from DVD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HughHughes, Mar 17, 2019.

1. I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

D: drive does not show up as storage. Trying to load TurboTax from DVD.

:)

HughHughes, Mar 17, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 17, 2019
  3. cannot load turbotax in dvd/cd rom drive d. this pc not responding. please advise.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

In order for us to find out why the rom drive cannot load CD/DVD, we would like to gather more information:

• What is the current build and version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Are there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are there any recent updates installed on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To further isolate this issue, we recommend you try another DVD and check if the rom drive will load it. If not kindly follow the steps provided on the link below to try and fix the problem:

Get back to us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

JericDale Ort, Mar 17, 2019
  4. lacrumb Win User

I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

Unnamed Drive appearing and D drive disappeared

Things may be changing as I have an SD card plugged into a Laptop and it is coming up as D:

My internal DVD drive is coming up as I: and an external as K:

I have a USB flash drive coming up a J:

If the DVD do not ahve a DVD in them they do not show in File Explorer but they show up in Dusk Management with No Media listed.

lacrumb, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It...

1. I am trying to load TurboTax from DVD (:D drive). It appears that the d: drive is dead. It... - Similar Threads - trying load TurboTax

2. D: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: Drive: So my storage on my c drive was running very low and i barely had any space to update a game, genshin impact in this case. I decided to delete the game and reinstall it onto my D: drive since i had 700/931gb space left, but ive noticed that my game is very very slow compared...
  3. Trying to extend D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to extend D Drive: I have unallocated space, but when I right click D Drive, extend volume is greyed out, I just want to extend volume man : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-extend-d-drive/2d43f476-6013-4b2c-9924-b98c7d230ce3
  4. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  5. Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D

Trying to cnange from D to my CD/DVD D: I just bought a new printer and put the cd in to download the drivers. I have auto-play on and all it brought up was configure for storage. There is suppose to be a start.exe. When I look in file manager the only file that shows is desktop.ini. I've tried dos to change to D...
  6. drive d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive d: i tried to move space from drive d to drive c . i followed instructions and went to disk manager , said to delete drive d by right clicking and delete than go to drive c right and rifge ckick abd click extend but extend was grayed out how do i get drive back...
  7. D: drive

D: drive: reported to be empty chk DISK SHOWS FILES i can not see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/b42aebc6-8e6c-47ee-8459-c1cc832dfc22
  8. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  9. D Drive

D Drive: D Drive missing with last Microsoft Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/45fad700-9b13-4618-9bec-f529c0d8f8ea
  10. Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?

Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?: Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's? I have to open D drive and drag them to 321 media player. I downloaded 321 media player thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't I have to open D drive and drag the audio and video folders to it in order for the DVD to play....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turbo tax dvd drive d

2. Turbotax does not load from dvd drive