Windows 10: i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve...

Discus and support i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am tring to go into safe mode have tryed singing in with on screen keyboard but it still shows incorrect password..have also tryed going into safe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TracyThatcher, Jul 18, 2020.

1. i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve...

I am tring to go into safe mode have tryed singing in with on screen keyboard but it still shows incorrect password..have also tryed going into safe mode witg network..n still won't take my password..help plze..

:)

TracyThatcher, Jul 18, 2020
  2. fleet420 Win User

Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

been trying to get back to my regular desktop but when I restart it comes up back at the password, safe-mode place, but I can choose either my other, non admin account....or the admin account. The admin account opens to my desktop in safe-mode. I went to the command prompt and put msconfig in and put a check in the box for Normal Startup. When I restart it just repeats the same 2 log in choices with the safe mode password screen in the background. I know I'm missing, a step takes it out of admin safe mode, or I'm not sure, I went to look at the users, (by using the switch users option) and both admin and regular user accounts are there, should I choose my regular account there then log out of admin and restart? or just restart?
    I think I'm close to being back to regular.
    I think

fleet420, Jul 18, 2020
  3. larc919 Win User
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Jul 18, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve...

Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

Hi fleet420 and welcome to Tenforums.
    It's true - Safe Mode will only accept a password, not a PIN. When you first setup your user account, you used a password; then changed it to a PIN. That's where the "clue" comes from.

You have several options here from the members. I would first try logging into your MS account online from another device, and see if you can get in (if you remember your password), otherwise, try changing it and using that to login to your system in Safe Mode, as mrgeek suggested. Failing that, the other two suggestions will also work. Good luck.

simrick, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve...

1. i am trying to log in on safe mode i havr trying putting in my password won't take it hsve... - Similar Threads - trying log safe

2. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  3. I am trying to log in using correct password, but it is not recognised

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am trying to log in using correct password, but it is not recognised: I am trying to log in, using correct password, but it is not recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-log-in-using-correct-password-but/4f053f7e-b489-4e11-a317-ee405eeeca39
  4. I am trying to log in using correct password, but it is not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to log in using correct password, but it is not recognised: I am trying to log in, using correct password, but it is not recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-log-in-using-correct-password-but/4f053f7e-b489-4e11-a317-ee405eeeca39
  5. I am trying to log in using correct password, but it is not recognised

6. I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe...

I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe...: I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe mode in all four corners and when I try to click on the windows logo it has a blue loading wheel...
  7. I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe...: I need help I tried to put my computer on safe mode and now it’s a dark screen with safe mode in all four corners and when I try to click on the windows logo it has a blue loading wheel...
  8. Trying to exit safe mode without logging in

Trying to exit safe mode without logging in: Hi, I have placed my laptop Lenovo v-130, running Windows 10 into safe mode with networking to fix a separate issue with launching an application. However I did not realize that doing this would mean i was not able to log in with my pin, and for some reason the password I...
  9. Windows won't accept my PIN on safe mode but I don't know my Password to log in for Safe mode

Windows won't accept my PIN on safe mode but I don't know my Password to log in for Safe mode: I was trying to log in using the PIN I always use on normal boot, but It doesn't work on safe mode. Now, I've put my windows on safe mode with networking in MSconfig, and now I can't log in on windows. I don't know what Password/PIN I should use, because I've tried using...
  10. Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password: Hi sorry I was out Saturday. You can't prevent safemode, it is a Windows error state. What you need is a small book to right passwords, security questions and notes in. Next please stop running cleaners. With Windows updating itself every six month almost no one needs...