Windows 10: I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I...

Discus and support I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the video I am trying to play has an ext of TSV I can't seem to find it and would not know how to install if I did find it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryMusick, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I...

the video I am trying to play has an ext of TSV I can't seem to find it and would not know how to install if I did find it.

:)

GaryMusick, Sep 5, 2018

2. Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 5, 2018
  3. GFinKS Win User
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook

Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only.

GFinKS, Sep 5, 2018
  4. I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I...

VIDEOS WILL NOT PLAY!

What kind of video card do you have? Do videos play in any other players?

If not, then it's your video driver that needs to be updated. Normally, if its only online videos that don't play it would be the Flash player, etc missing. With having the latest stable flash and shockwave players installed and the latest codecs, they should
    play fine after restarting the laptop after the installations.

YouTube, Netflix, and virtually any video files play fine on my Win 10 Pro.

Please confirm that you have Flash Player, Shockwave Player and the K-Lite Mega Codec pack installed.

Just for another suggestion, try installing Iobit Driver Booster. See if your video driver has an update.

Also, if you just recently updated the video driver and it worked previously but not now, you need to roll back the driver. To do that with Win10, type in Device Manager in, the Cortana search box next to the Start button, click on it to run, click on Display
    Adapters and you will see what kind of video card you have. You can right click on that, Click Properties and check the date of the latest driver installation. If it's very recent, select Roll Back Driver and once done, Restart and try to play your videos
    again.

I know this seems like multiple steps but, these are definite troubleshooting steps. It's much faster to either update or roll back a driver rather than the full OS.

DarynBogart, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I...

1. I am trying to play a video that I can play on windows 7 but can not play on windows 10. I... - Similar Threads - trying play video

2. How can I play Roblox on window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I play Roblox on window 10?: Whenever I press play on ROBLOX game, the error message says this: "This version of %1 Is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computers system information and then contact the software publisher."I try everything I could to make It fix.I...
  3. How can I play Roblox on window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play Roblox on window 10?: Whenever I press play on ROBLOX game, the error message says this: "This version of %1 Is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computers system information and then contact the software publisher."I try everything I could to make It fix.I...
  4. How can I play Roblox on window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  6. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  7. How can I play my older videos from Windows 7 in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play my older videos from Windows 7 in Windows 11?: I downloaded all my photos and videos from Google storage to my new laptop with Windows 11 and it appears none of them will open from the Google zip file and the error message says I should upgrade Windows. Help! I don't want to lose these precious memories....
  8. How can I play my older videos from Windows 7 in Windows 11?

How can I play my older videos from Windows 7 in Windows 11?: I downloaded all my photos and videos from Google storage to my new laptop with Windows 11 and it appears none of them will open from the Google zip file and the error message says I should upgrade Windows. Help! I don't want to lose these precious memories....
  9. I can not play play roblox which I installed on google

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not play play roblox which I installed on google: Why I can not play roblox which installed on google on surface pro 10? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-play-play-roblox-which-i-installed-on/b5efc5f2-8a4b-430d-9aca-4454ea608162
  10. i can not play age of mythology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not play age of mythology: The same installation CD is being used to install the game on windows 10. The game won't launch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-play-age-of-mythology/4158ebe2-0bde-4901-8740-4e1d6e7db442