Windows 10: i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp...

Discus and support i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft Visual C ++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed! Program:G\Midtown Madness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nayan_629, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Nayan_629 Win User

i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp...

Microsoft Visual C ++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program:G\Midtown Madness RIP\midtown.exe
    file: vsprintf.c

line: 91
    Expression:format != NULL

FOR INFORMATION ON HOW YOUR PROGRAM CAN CAUSE AN ASSERTION FAILURE, SEE THE Visual C++ documentationon aserts.

Press Retry to debug the application

AbortRetry Ignore

:)

Nayan_629, Mar 28, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

midtown madness 2

You played 2 months ago on the same machine using Win10 ?

If so, did you install a Windows update, or make other changes around the time the game stopped running ?

- If you have not played the game on Win10 and have the
    disc based version the problem would be because of a DRM Blocking

feature MS built into Win10. I have more details in my post at
    ---this thread---

To make the disc based version of the game run you will need a noCD fix/hack from...

games/midtown-madness-2

btw - Win10 has DX9/10/11 &12 (one DX8 file too). When you enabled Direct Play it made it possible to run DX7/8 games.

BossDweeb, Mar 28, 2020
  3. austint30 Win User
    Midtown Madness 2 for Windows Phone (Or Multiplatform)

I believe you guys at Microsoft still own the rights to the Midtown Madness games. Midtown Madness 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. I love it so much that it is still installed on my PC's and I still have the disk.

Something that I have always wanted was Midtown Madness 2 on smartphones. Ubisoft did it with Driver with the help of Gameloft. Why don't you guys do it with Midtown Madness 2?

If you take this into consideration please keep the game the same as it was originally. Don't add microtransactions. Just release DLC for it for new cars, new cities, new gamemodes, etc.

This game would make me want to buy a Windows Phone! There are not many open world racing games for mobile and this would seriously be a huge hit in my opinion. I think it would be better to release the game on iOS and Androids too because it will sell more
    since they are very popular.

I don't care if it is $10 or more on mobile. Midtown Madness is a crazy fun game and I would practically pay any price for this masterpiece.

i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp... fdc2d0f2-612f-4d69-8ab7-a6d4b26868d4.png

austint30, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Marek St. Win User

i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp...

Midtown Madness 2 for Windows Phone (Or Multiplatform)

Hi Austint30.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

From what I understand you are a vivid Midtown Madness fan and would like to see that game on a Windows Phone platform.

Thank you so much for your voice,

If I could ask you to use this link here:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

and leave your suggestion there.

Thank You

Marek S.

Marek St., Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. i am trying to run this game called Midtown Madness 1 on compatability mode of windows xp... - Similar Threads - trying run game

2. Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10: Hi,1. I created a program in Windows XP years ago. When it is installed on Windows 10 without setting compatibility mode, the data created from the program is stored in an unexpected place that I cannot find. I know how to fix this problem by setting compatibility mode to XP...
  3. Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10: Hi,1. I created a program in Windows XP years ago. When it is installed on Windows 10 without setting compatibility mode, the data created from the program is stored in an unexpected place that I cannot find. I know how to fix this problem by setting compatibility mode to XP...
  4. Windows XP Mode Display Version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Mode Display Version is not compatible: Windows XP Mode Setup Display Version is not compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-mode-display-version-is-not-compatible/f1145ab1-751b-4e6c-8968-f10783159641
  5. Windows XP Mode Display Version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP Mode Display Version is not compatible: Windows XP Mode Setup Display Version is not compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-mode-display-version-is-not-compatible/f1145ab1-751b-4e6c-8968-f10783159641
  6. Midtown madness 2 runs slow on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Midtown madness 2 runs slow on windows 10: Hi, it runs perfect on windows 7, but slow on windows 10. I tried several resolutions with the same result. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midtown-madness-2-runs-slow-on-windows-10/70a934cc-b358-4dc3-9879-0f8673b5518f
  7. Midtown Madness not launching after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Midtown Madness not launching after installation: So I just got Midtown Madness: Chicago Edition and I installed it on my computer after I clicked "Play" nothing happens. I have been trying to launch the game for hours but it just isn't working. Now every time I try to launch the game, it won't launch. Can somebody please...
  8. Compatibility Mode windows 10 to windows XP.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Mode windows 10 to windows XP.: I purchased a new computer for my small business as the old computer is windows xp pro? sp1. I have a program that I use on the old computer, and need it on my new computer. I transferred the program over via USB, but I get errors when trying to use it. Part of the program...
  9. midtown madness 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    midtown madness 2: i played midown madness 2 a month ago but today its saying direct x 7 is required i have direct x 12 installed i also have the game running under as windows xp service pack 2 i have directplay on...
  10. Problem running old XP program in Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem running old XP program in Compatibility Mode: I have an old XP program, xReminder Pro, that I have been using for many years. I am currently running it in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 and it runs fine. On my Windows 10 test machine, this program will install and run from a "manual" start in Compatibility Mode (Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. midtown madness 2 debug assertion failed

3. i have midtown madness setup files but i am unable to instal it