Windows 10: I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b

Discus and support I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was able to set up another gmail account with no error. I had to replace my surface pro under warranty and need to re-establish my accounts. what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeatherM_M, Sep 21, 2018.

1. I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b

I was able to set up another gmail account with no error. I had to replace my surface pro under warranty and need to re-establish my accounts. what is the resolution to this error?

Thank you!

:)

HeatherM_M, Sep 21, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Bastet Win User
    Mail Error Code:0x80072745 (trying to sync a gmail account)

Do you have two step authentication on your gmail account? If so then the email account may require an app specific password.

Bastet, Sep 21, 2018
  4. BrianC44 Win User

I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b

Can't add Gmail accounts to Windows 10 Mail & Calander App (error 0x8000000b)

I get the error 0x8000000b every time I try to add my Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app. I've tried running the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, I've tried resetting the app, I've tried restarting the PC, nothing seems to work. Can anyone help
    me out here?

BrianC44, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b

1. I am trying to set up a gmail email account and I get error 0x8000000b - Similar Threads - trying set gmail

2. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.: I have set up a new email account and I am not receiving emails. Can you please tell me how do I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-set-up-an-new-email-account-and-i-am-not/00b6eeb3-1a23-4055-b940-cca3db6a72f9
  3. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.: I have set up a new email account and I am not receiving emails. Can you please tell me how do I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-set-up-an-new-email-account-and-i-am-not/00b6eeb3-1a23-4055-b940-cca3db6a72f9
  4. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 0x8000000b error in setting up

0x8000000b error in setting up: 0x8000000b error when setting up email account by Window Mail app? I tried to set up an email account using my Gmail account and got this error message. I try to add the email the regular way, click on the Google symbol and type email address, etc. I am referring to the...
  6. Error code when trying to add gmail acconnut 0x8000000b

Error code when trying to add gmail acconnut 0x8000000b: I tried adding other email accounts no issue but get error code whgen trying to add main account surface go ***Moved from: Surface Go / Install, update, and repair.***...
  7. 0x8000000b error when setting up email account by Window Mail app?

0x8000000b error when setting up email account by Window Mail app?: I tried to set up an email account using my Gmail account and got this error message. I try to add the email the regular way, click on the Google symbol and type email address, etc. I am referring to the Mail app. I am using Dell Inspiron 3576. I didn't install any third...
  8. Account ADD Error 0x8000000b

Account ADD Error 0x8000000b: I intend to add my Gmail account to the mail app but it trows up an error 0x8000000b any help.. I've reinstalled Windows just because of this after trying up everything available on the internet still nothing , i am using other two gmail accounts seamlessly with the main app...
  9. Error code 0x8000000b when trying to add Gmail to Windows Mail app

Error code 0x8000000b when trying to add Gmail to Windows Mail app: This is what happens. I have just recently installed windows and this is the only function that isn't working correctly. I am up to date and I've checked the system for corrupted files/resources through cmd and it hasn't fixed this. [ATTACH]...
  10. im trying to add a email account and I keep getting something went wrong error code 0x8000000b

in Windows 10 Customization
    im trying to add a email account and I keep getting something went wrong error code 0x8000000b: email account and I keep getting something went wrong error code 0x8000000b. how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/im-trying-to-add-a-email-account-and-i-keep/7a821a52-6329-4817-b4e2-bb6acc49ca21
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am trying to set up my surface pro and add an email it is giving me a code 0x000000b

2. ox8000000b

3. what is code Ox8000000b

4. trying to set up gmail not currently available,
  5. what email set up error is 0x8000000b.,
  6. ox8000000b gmail