Windows 10: I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

Discus and support I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulative Updates are not downloading and installing automatically. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob Hartman, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulative Updates are not downloading and installing automatically. I have included screen shots of what I have configured. What am I missing?

:)

Jacob Hartman, Jan 24, 2023

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Kelemvor Win User
    GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a GPO to point our Windows 10 machines to our WSUS server and then use Automatic Download and Install during a maintenance schedule.

• I've gone under Automatic Maintenance Activation Boundary and set that to 13:00 (1PM) for testing.
    • I've gone under Maintenance Random Delay and set that to 1 hour

• I've gone under Config Automatic Updates and set it to 4 (download and install). I also set day to Saturday and time to 13:00 (1PM) but I don't know how this affects the Maintenance Boundary up above...
    • I've gone under Specify Intranet Site and put in our WSUS server.

Anyway, I then ran a GPUpdate on my laptop which worked and gpresult says it applied the setting. However, when I go under All Settings | Update & security and then click Advance Options, it still shows "Never check for updates" which is what our normal GPO for everyone else uses. I put my machine in a sub-OU and assigned the test GPO to that sub folder. The main WSUS GPO is not Enforced and the test GPO is Enforced.

Should that dropdown change to reflect the current settings? Is there some other way to tell if the settings are applied correctly? I don't want to click "Check for Updates" because that usually checks and installs which is NOT what I want to do. I want to test the automatic install portion but can't tell if the right settings are in place or not.

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!

Kelemvor, Jan 24, 2023
  4. jbunch07 Win User

I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

1. I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice... - Similar Threads - trying set automatic

2. I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...: I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulative Updates are not downloading and installing automatically. I have included screen shots of what I have configured. What am I missing?...
  3. I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...: I am trying to set up automatic updates with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulative Updates are not downloading and installing automatically. I have included screen shots of what I have configured. What am I missing?...
  4. I am trying to set up automatic updated with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...

I am trying to set up automatic updated with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulatice...: I am trying to set up automatic updated with GPO for a small number of PC's, But Cumulative Updates are not downloading and installing automatically. I have included screen shots of what I have configured. What am I missingg?...
  5. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO: Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out....
  6. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO: Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out....
  7. I am considering to set up my PC anew?

I am considering to set up my PC anew?: Hello, as I said above, I want to reset my PC, but not normally because it hangs when I log in since there was a power outage. So I hold the start button down so it goes off and start it up and then I get the message Windows could not load properly as desired so I want to...
  8. I am trying to enter my debit card number but it comes up as invalid.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am trying to enter my debit card number but it comes up as invalid.: I am reading it directly off the card. It says the First digit is invalid! I have never had this problem before. Please call ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-enter-my-debit-card-number-but-it/802bce13-7f27-40d0-8921-21d2d5c72b56"
  9. Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or restart: Hello, My PC is running Windows 10 Home Version: 1709, OS Build 16299.125 Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA645 match to CD Key data CD Key: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7 I would like to enable the facility to: Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or...
  10. Windows Updates GPO settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates GPO settings?: Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and have those installed on a schedule. The default schedule is 3:00AM but I tend to leave my laptop off entirely during the...