Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

Discus and support I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows Update error 80070005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaroldSchmidt1, Jan 17, 2020.

1. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows Update error 80070005

:)

HaroldSchmidt1, Jan 17, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 17, 2020
  3. RESK208 Win User
    Error code 0x8009000f on upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro.

Original Title: upfrade to Win 10

In trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to 10, when it started the upgrade if halted with the error code 0x8009000f. I cann ot find this error code in any of the online listings. Any Suggestions? RES

RESK208, Jan 17, 2020
  4. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

1. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows... - Similar Threads - trying upgrade Home

2. I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR: I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR ERROR CODE-0x800f0831 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-upgrade-froom-win-11-home-to-pro/919ff39e-1191-4405-aef4-1933d2dbcfa3
  3. I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR: I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE FROOM WIN 11 HOME TO PRO BUT IT IS SHOWING AN ERROR ERROR CODE-0x800f0831 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-upgrade-froom-win-11-home-to-pro/919ff39e-1191-4405-aef4-1933d2dbcfa3
  4. I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...: So my PC is custom built by my friend. It is almost 10 years old but runs just like the day I got it. I have avoided upgrading to windows 10 because I don't want to mess anything up in the process. I recently found out I needed get windows 10 for a game I want to play so I...
  5. I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...: So my PC is custom built by my friend. It is almost 10 years old but runs just like the day I got it. I have avoided upgrading to windows 10 because I don't want to mess anything up in the process. I recently found out I needed get windows 10 for a game I want to play so I...
  6. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  7. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  8. How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...: I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903. The 3 computers with Win 10...
  9. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  10. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...