Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased

Discus and support I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is becoming frustrating as I have Windows 10 Home on a computer that was given to me by my brother it is activated. I then purchased an OEM pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LawrenceTepleski, May 29, 2021.

1. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased

This is becoming frustrating as I have Windows 10 Home on a computer that was given to me by my brother it is activated. I then purchased an OEM pro version as I am trying to use this computer as a PROJECT test system for running databases that require Windows 10 PRO. It only thinks that the key is not valid. The Disc came in a Microsoft Sealed Folder with the Red if you remove this you agree to Term etc inside that was disc sleeve with the Microsoft Windows 10 logo with the words Gently scratch to reveal product key which I did. The disc itself is Purple says Windows 10 Pro Full Version 64 b

:)

LawrenceTepleski, May 29, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 29, 2021
  3. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key.

JaneelGiga, May 29, 2021
  4. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased

why there is just one way to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro?

You can purchase a full license key, but keep in mind, the full retail license for Windows 10 Pro is more expensive than the $99 upgrade through the Store.

Step 1: Purchase license for Windows 10 Pro, then receive your key:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Perform an Easy Upgrade using the key:

Andre Da Costa, May 29, 2021
Thema:

I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased

1. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO with a Disc and License Key I purchased - Similar Threads - trying upgrade HOME

2. I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working: Yesterday I purchased from the Microsoft Online Store an upgrade for Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I was billed for £119.99 UK pounds sterling and received an invoice by email. My bank account has been debited for the whole amount. However, I did not receive any...
  3. I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working: Yesterday I purchased from the Microsoft Online Store an upgrade for Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I was billed for £119.99 UK pounds sterling and received an invoice by email. My bank account has been debited for the whole amount. However, I did not receive any...
  4. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working: my lap top version is windows 7 and i want to update to windows 10i purchased windows 10 home licence key and this licence key not working when i enter in the upgrade activation number .please inform how to updrade to wndows10...
  5. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working: my lap top version is windows 7 and i want to update to windows 10i purchased windows 10 home licence key and this licence key not working when i enter in the upgrade activation number .please inform how to updrade to wndows10...
  6. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I purchased Windows 10 PRO, to upgrade from Window 10 HOME - FAIL!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased Windows 10 PRO, to upgrade from Window 10 HOME - FAIL!: Hello Community, I have a problem activating my PC after installing Windows 10 PRO from W10 HOME that took place today 7/16/21.I've been using a custom PC Digitalstorm with Windows 10 Home edition since 2016. The PC came with the Windows 10 Home CD. Over the years, I've...
  8. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key: Hello, I purchased a windows 10 pro license key and attempted to use it to upgrade windows home to pro with no success and got an error saying my product key didn't work 0x800f0805. I then tried to use the generic update key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T both while...
  9. I purchased windows 10 pro for upgrading from home basic but no product key received .i got...

I purchased windows 10 pro for upgrading from home basic but no product key received .i got...: I purchased windows 10 pro for upgrading from home basic but no product key received .i got order number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-windows-10-pro-for-upgrading-from-home/a9ae6942-fa5c-46e2-98c0-48af3c877b82
  10. Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview: Hey everyone, Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade. My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded from Win8.1 with the free Win10 upgrade as soon as they were available a few years ago. Anyways, I wanted to upgrade to a...