Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

Discus and support I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolMiller5, Jan 23, 2020.

1. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running windows 7. Any advice?

:)

CarolMiller5, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 23, 2020
  4. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

1. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. - Similar Threads - trying upgrade

2. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  3. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  4. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  5. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  6. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  7. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  8. I just upgraded my ram. Tried to turn pc on and it beeps and won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just upgraded my ram. Tried to turn pc on and it beeps and won’t turn on: I just upgraded my ram in my laptop. When I tried to start it it beeps and will not turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-upgraded-my-ram-tried-to-turn-pc-on-and-it/ee847e21-219f-4044-8da3-05d384cf85c8
  9. I just upgraded my ram. Tried to turn pc on and it beeps and won’t turn on

I just upgraded my ram. Tried to turn pc on and it beeps and won’t turn on: I just upgraded my ram in my laptop. When I tried to start it it beeps and will not turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-upgraded-my-ram-tried-to-turn-pc-on-and-it/ee847e21-219f-4044-8da3-05d384cf85c8
  10. I just upgraded my ram. Tried to turn pc on and it beeps and won’t turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging