Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

Discus and support I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my PC is custom built by my friend. It is almost 10 years old but runs just like the day I got it. I have avoided upgrading to windows 10 because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WardJeff9, Oct 4, 2022.

1. WardJeff9 Win User

I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

So my PC is custom built by my friend. It is almost 10 years old but runs just like the day I got it. I have avoided upgrading to windows 10 because I don't want to mess anything up in the process. I recently found out I needed get windows 10 for a game I want to play so I caved and tried upgrading it to 10. I ready to use the Windows Media creation tool 21h2. But I keep hitting a wall when the install gets to 71%. It just closes and a box appears that says an error occurred. I assumed maybe my computer was too old but it looks like it should run fine. I have tried so many things to get

:)

WardJeff9, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 4, 2022
  4. I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

1. I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no... - Similar Threads - trying upgrade keep

2. i keep getting errors when I try to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i keep getting errors when I try to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 or 11: I wanted to run a program that can only be run on windows 10 and 11, i downloaded the windows 10/11 iso and when i tried to run windows 10 iso, the windows logo popped up then closed then a couple seconds later, like about 10 or 20 seconds later an error message popped up...
  3. i keep getting errors when I try to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i keep getting errors when I try to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 or 11: I wanted to run a program that can only be run on windows 10 and 11, i downloaded the windows 10/11 iso and when i tried to run windows 10 iso, the windows logo popped up then closed then a couple seconds later, like about 10 or 20 seconds later an error message popped up...
  4. Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...: Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but keep getting error when trying to run Media Creation Tool to install Windiws 10 - There was a problem running this tool - We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. Error code: 0x80072F8F -...
  5. Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...: Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but keep getting error when trying to run Media Creation Tool to install Windiws 10 - There was a problem running this tool - We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. Error code: 0x80072F8F -...
  6. Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I keep getting an error with no...: So my PC is custom built by my friend. It is almost 10 years old but runs just like the day I got it. I have avoided upgrading to windows 10 because I don't want to mess anything up in the process. I recently found out I needed get windows 10 for a game I want to play so I...
  8. I am trying to upgrade Windows 7 PC to Windows 10

I am trying to upgrade Windows 7 PC to Windows 10: I downloaded Media Creation Tool 1909 and is trying to upgrade my PC. But the installation fails. The process was lasting for 10 hours but then stopped. How can I upgrade my computer?...
  9. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.: After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running windows 7. Any advice?...
  10. I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...

I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows...: I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 Home to win 10 Pro. I keep getting the error: Windows Update error 80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-upgrade-from-win-7-home-to-win-10/e5d13a97-88da-47c4-a340-ae2057397c5a