Windows 10: I am unable to access the windows defender.

Discus and support I am unable to access the windows defender. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently reset my pc to a clean installation. However, this time upon trying to disable the windows anti-virus, I am met with a screen stating 'my IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeremiah Ani, Jan 4, 2024.

1. I am unable to access the windows defender.

I recently reset my pc to a clean installation. However, this time upon trying to disable the windows anti-virus, I am met with a screen stating 'my IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app'. I have tried resetting my pc again but that did not work out in my favour. I am stuck and I need answers. Please may someone help me?

:)

Jeremiah Ani, Jan 4, 2024
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

I am unable to access the windows defender. 62780d1485962846t-windows-defender-disabled-unable-start-windows-defender-service.jpg

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Jan 4, 2024
  3. BrooksNYC Win User
    Unable to access Windows Defender Firewall settings

I didn't fully understood your original post, NTN — sorry. You asked if "The Storage Service" was running, and it is. What I didn't realize was that Windows Defender settings were listed further down the page. Here they are:
    I am unable to access the windows defender. 8d1676236097t-unable-access-windows-defender-firewall-settings-service-settings-windows-firewall.png
    - - - Updated - - - NTN, I'm a kindly old man, not a tech wiz. If it takes me a while to respond, I'M TERRIBLY SORRY.

BrooksNYC, Jan 4, 2024
  4. I am unable to access the windows defender.

Unable to turn off Windows Defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to turn off windows defender.

I suggest you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1) Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 4, 2024
Thema:

I am unable to access the windows defender.

1. I am unable to access the windows defender. - Similar Threads - unable access defender

2. I am unable to access the Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to access the Admin Account: This is what I did step by step:1. I went to the Control Panel.2. I went to User Accounts.3. I selected Manage Accounts.4. I clicked "Add a user account."5. After adding the new user, I immediately made the new user the admin.6. I went to switch users, and when I clicked...
  3. I am unable to access the Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to access the Admin Account: This is what I did step by step:1. I went to the Control Panel.2. I went to User Accounts.3. I selected Manage Accounts.4. I clicked "Add a user account."5. After adding the new user, I immediately made the new user the admin.6. I went to switch users, and when I clicked...
  4. I am unable to access the windows defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to access the windows defender.: I recently reset my pc to a clean installation. However, this time upon trying to disable the windows anti-virus, I am met with a screen stating 'my IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app'. I have tried resetting my pc again but that did not work out in my...
  5. I am unable to remove a virus with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to remove a virus with windows defender: So when I click remove, nothing happens, no matter how many times I press "remove", it doesn't let me remove itI click "remove" and the tab just closes, but once I click on it again its still there...
  6. Unable to access features of Windows Defender

Unable to access features of Windows Defender: When I tried to use Windows Defender to scan a Word document, and also when I ran a full system scan and tried to access the results of the scan, I received the following notice:"Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the...
  7. I am unable to start my Windows Defender.

I am unable to start my Windows Defender.: I am a windows 8.1 user and I am unable to start my Windows Defender. It says it was switched of by Group policy. So I opened the Group Policy Folder and it was empty. I tried almost all the methods available on Internet but none of them worked. Please help....
  8. I am unable to Turn on Windows Defender

I am unable to Turn on Windows Defender: My laptop suddenly went to the blue screen saying it needs to restart. Ever since it is running extremely slow. Windows defender threat security got disabled and is not turning back on. The registry “DisableAntiSpyware” got deleted. I tried to restore at an earlier point but...
  9. I am unable to update my Windows Defender

I am unable to update my Windows Defender: I need help updating Windows Defender. I try to update it and it always gets an error message. How do I go about to fix this? Troubleshooting is not going to work. Every time I try to update it says "this app couldn't check for virus and spyware definition updates." My...
  10. I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator....