Windows 10: I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10

Discus and support I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I changed my account to standard to administrator. I want to change it back but I cannot it is showing that enter the password and admin username but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rohanreddy07, Jul 5, 2021.

1. I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10

I changed my account to standard to administrator. I want to change it back but I cannot it is showing that enter the password and admin username but there is now box that I can. When i go to my account setting it only gibes me 4 option. 1:youremail. 2:sign in option. 3:work acess. 4:sync . It does not give me the setting of family. Windows 10

:)

Rohanreddy07, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Jul 5, 2021
  3. How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 5, 2021
  4. I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10

Unable to Change Standard to Administator

Hello Sherrie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I would like to inform you that in-order to change an account from Standard to Administrator, you need to first login with an administrator Account. You cannot make any changes with Standard Account. I suggest you to login
    with an administrator account and then make the changes. However if you do not have another administrator account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start Button
    and select Command prompt (Admin).

2. On the command line type:
    net user administrator /activate:yes and hit Enter
    on your keyboard.

This will enable your build in Administrator account. Restart your computer and login with the administrator account. Once you are in the Build in administrator account you can change the original user account administrator
    type from Standard to Administrator and save it.

Once you have successfully made the changes,
    disable the Build in administrator account by following steps given below:

1. Right click on the Start Button
    and select Command prompt (admin).

2. On the command line type: net user administrator /activate:no
    and hit Enter on your keyboard.

This will disable the build in administrator account. Restart and login with your user account.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10

1. I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable change standard

2. I am unable to switch my user account type from standard to administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to switch my user account type from standard to administrator: I recently bought my laptop. I only had one administrator account at that moment. Later I switched that account to standard and it asked me to restart my laptop. Now I am unable to install many apps as they require to make changes in the laptop. So, I tried to change my...
  3. I am unable to switch my user account from standard to administrator

I am unable to switch my user account from standard to administrator: I recently bought my laptop. I only had one administrator account at that moment. Later I switched that account to standard and it asked me to restart my laptop. Now I am unable to install many apps as they require to make changes in the laptop. So, I tried to change my...
  4. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  5. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  6. Windows 10- Change account from standard to administrator

Windows 10- Change account from standard to administrator: Hello, I am having trouble changing my account on my Windows 10 to an administrator account. I have attempted to change it in my account settings, nut there is no "Family and Others Users" option. Also, my computer will not give me the option to change the account type...
  7. Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.: Hi - While trying to trouble shoot a new cable modem I was directed to an IT service tech by what I thought was the real cable modem support. Stupidly I allowed this I tech remote access to my computer, stupid I know. He tried to get to pay to remove "malware" after showing...
  8. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....
  9. Change from standard account to administrator account

Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....
  10. Administrator status Change from Standard

Administrator status Change from Standard: I have been using Windows 10 since accepting the free upgrade from Windows 7. However due to a system crash caused by use of unauthorised software requiring the system to be rebuilt using only authorised software packets I discovered that my Administrator status was set at...