Windows 10: I am unable to change startup type in services

Discus and support I am unable to change startup type in services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A setting changed somewhere. I can no longer change startup type in services. If I run services with administrator rights I get an error 5 when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chzuck, Apr 19, 2020.

1. chzuck Win User

I am unable to change startup type in services

A setting changed somewhere. I can no longer change startup type in services. If I run services with administrator rights I get an error 5 when I try to change Windows Defender Update from manual to automatic. I had changed this to manual in error. Now everyday I get a notification to add an update and it is the Windows Defender update, which should be automatic.

:)

chzuck, Apr 19, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

I am unable to change startup type in services [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows 10 services- startup type - drop down not working

Hi Arvind,

There are multiple factors that we need to consider why you can’t change the Windows 10 services startup type from manual to automatic. For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Any other troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far aside from the ones that you've mentioned?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?
    Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I am unable to change startup type in services - Similar Threads - unable change startup

2. I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows: Please help me! I used a batch file to optimize Windows, and now I can't type in the search boxes. I've tried searching for the files again, and I found these registry entries: reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d...
  3. State repository service and startup type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  4. State repository service and startup type

State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  5. I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...: I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I can't because it says access denied. It makes my pc run very slow because it uses a lot of bandwidth,When I play games it is very noticeable as my ping goes between 200-700ms and is not...
  6. I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...

I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...: I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I can't because it says access denied. It makes my pc run very slow because it uses a lot of bandwidth,When I play games it is very noticeable as my ping goes between 200-700ms and is not...
  7. why am i unable to change the startup type of this service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i unable to change the startup type of this service: Hello, i am unable to change the startup type of the: TextInputManagementService. it's all greyed out, and i am unable interact with the service in any way.I would like to change the startup type of this service, please help....
  8. why am i unable to change the startup type of this service

why am i unable to change the startup type of this service: Hello, i am unable to change the startup type of the: TextInputManagementService. it's all greyed out, and i am unable interact with the service in any way.I would like to change the startup type of this service, please help....
  9. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it: I somehow set the mpssvc service's startup type to disabled, but now I want it back on. The problem is, I can not set it back to auto, no matter I do. Screenshots attached. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. I am unable to type the letter \/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to type the letter \/: I installed a Auto clicker... I linked it to the letter \/ (I know, stupid). Howe\/er I do not know how to fix this specific problem. If any is able to assist, I would be extremely thankful. Especially because I ha\/e a paper to write....