Windows 10: I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

Discus and support I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NARbluebear, Apr 8, 2023.

1. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome, but when I try, the preview goes black and has a loading icon that never seems to stop. I've tried:- Letting the picture load for 10 minutes, seeing as it's only 422KB- Trying a different picture- Selecting one of the default backgrounds mainly the Wharariki Beach one, which only loads a preview- Searching for other solutions to the problem here, with most answers I found leading to a thread titled "Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't

:)

NARbluebear, Apr 8, 2023
  2. KiNGMERCH Win User

How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?

How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?

Reminder, i am NOT referring to the login screen. There is a regedit i have tried that people suggest, creating DWORD 'DisabledLogonBackground', and changed it to "1". Then go to Colors in settings and choosing accent color. This DOES NOT work, this changes
    the background color of the Login Screen.

I see questions just like mine and all of Windows Employees and Independent Contractors are getting confused and giving us directions to change the Login Screen background.

KiNGMERCH, Apr 8, 2023
  3. Farvatten Win User
    Lock Screen solid color background?

Lock Screen Color:

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color 353838d1638654488t-lock-screen-solid-color-background-lockscreenisblack.jpg

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color 353840d1638654687t-lock-screen-solid-color-background-lockscreenblack.jpg

Login In Screen:

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color 353839d1638654552t-lock-screen-solid-color-background-loginscreenblack.jpg

Farvatten, Apr 8, 2023
  4. Farvatten Win User

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

Lock Screen solid color background?

If I'm not mistaken the Login Screen inherits the Accent color. So if you create a solid picture of that color and set it as your Lock Screen background you can sync them with this setting.

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color 353825d1638645443t-lock-screen-solid-color-background-lockscreencolor.jpg

Farvatten, Apr 8, 2023
Thema:

I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

1. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color - Similar Threads - unable change lock

2. Unable to change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lock screen background: For quite some time now I've been having issues with trying to change my lock screen background, I have tried switching to the slideshow and picture back and forth, but It shows my chosen picture in settings, yet whenever I sign out it ends up using the Windows Spotlight...
  3. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color: No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome, but when I try, the preview goes black and has a loading icon that never seems to stop. I've tried:- Letting the picture...
  4. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color: No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome, but when I try, the preview goes black and has a loading icon that never seems to stop. I've tried:- Letting the picture...
  5. solid color background

solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  6. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  7. A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen: A solid colored background blocks my screen out of the blue. It was the same color as the taskbar. I tried to get rid of it by putting my computer on sleep mode, and then waking it up in a few seconds. How can I stop that solid colored background from blocking my screen out...
  8. How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?

How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?: How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color? Reminder, i am NOT referring to the login screen. There is a regedit i have tried that people suggest, creating DWORD 'DisabledLogonBackground', and changed it to "1". Then go to Colors in settings and choosing...
  9. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  10. Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color: Hey there everyone. I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below) [img] This is the picture that is...