Windows 10: I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers

Discus and support I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently experincing an issue on my laptop, the Lenovo Ideapad 530s AMD version. The speakers in question are the onboard Realtek speakers. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HalfdanFalck, Jan 29, 2019.

1. I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers

I am currently experincing an issue on my laptop, the Lenovo Ideapad 530s AMD version. The speakers in question are the onboard Realtek speakers.

My problem is as follows, the box for changing the sample rate and bit depth is grayed out, and I cannot click on it.

It seems to me that I have tried many things, but none of them have worked.

• Deleted previous drivers and installed the newest ones
    • Disabled the speakers completely and enabled them again
    • Restarting my laptop
    • Clicking various random boxes with no success.

I hope somebody can help resolve this issue

Thanks in advance

:)

HalfdanFalck, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Select the sample rate and bit depth to used when running in shaerd mode?

Hi Aman,

These settings on how audio will play out of your speakers. If you have a high quality speaker or is intended to be used on high settings, you can change the sample rates to have the best quality available. If not, I advise setting it to 16 bit 44100 hz
    as this is usually the default sample rate. In regards to performance, having mismatched qualities on the speaker and sample rate would let the audio have poor sound quality.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Changing bit depth/sample rate in playback device settings stops audio output

So first of all, I was able to solve my problem. Looks like there was a firmware issue with HRT Music Streamer. I was able to update the firmware to the latest version and that made it possible to change the bit depth/ sampling rate up to maximum possible.
    Yaey!!

Coming to the audio quality noted by Seahawk, I am not getting into a fight. But it is very well possible to get high quality audios if you need to. I personally am not an audiophile or audiophool and is more than happy with my 5 year old setup of DAC
    + AudioEngine A5+ speakers + Polk SW505 + YouTube videos I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers :) But the question was never about audio quality, but about changing the Windows setting...

Thanks,

upcominggeek, Jan 29, 2019
  4. I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers

UNABLE TO CHANGE SAMPLE RATE

I am attempting to change the Sample rate to 2 Channel 16 Bit 44100 Hz on the Recording Tab but this is greyed out and will not accept change

Help !

TimFletcher1, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers

1. I am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth of my speakers - Similar Threads - unable change sample

2. Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1: Hello!For a while I've been struggling with screensharing on a variety of apps, most noticably on Discord, during which as time moves along the audio would begin to get more crackly and staticky until it becomes unlistenable, and I'd have to start the stream over again. While...
  3. Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change sample rate/bit depth with BPHS1: Hello!For a while I've been struggling with screensharing on a variety of apps, most noticably on Discord, during which as time moves along the audio would begin to get more crackly and staticky until it becomes unlistenable, and I'd have to start the stream over again. While...
  4. Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth: Hi, I have a Lenoov L14 pc, with AMD Ryzen PRO 5675U and Realtek HD sound card.I can't change the default format/sample rate and bit depth. Is only 16 bit 48.000 Khz.I have uninstal the preinstalled dolby app and disabled windows spatial sound.How can I solve the problem?Luca...
  5. Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth: Hi, I have a Lenoov L14 pc, with AMD Ryzen PRO 5675U and Realtek HD sound card.I can't change the default format/sample rate and bit depth. Is only 16 bit 48.000 Khz.I have uninstal the preinstalled dolby app and disabled windows spatial sound.How can I solve the problem?Luca...
  6. Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Default Format/sample rate and bit depth.: I am unable to change my default format. I try to click on it, nothing, it's just greyed out. I need to change this for me to even be able to record on my recording software.I'm wondering how do I change this? Is there maybe a cmd command to change it? I tested the mic, and...
  7. I can't change the sample rate and bit depth of my headphones

I can't change the sample rate and bit depth of my headphones: My headphnoes are stuck in 16 bit 48000 Hz and i cant increase them...how can I make the setting not grayed out ?? https://imgur.com/a/U36J6Sm...
  8. Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues

Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues: First of all, I want to say what this discussion is about. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that has a problem with sample rate and bit depth for Windows 10. My intent with this discussion is to create a place for people to resolve most of the common issues with this setting. What...
  9. I can't change the sample rate and bit depth of my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the sample rate and bit depth of my headphones.: I have the Skullcandy Wireless Crusher headphones. I tried playing the new Doom installment, but I can't hear anything once the game starts. After some quick research, I figured out that I needed to change the sample rate and bit depth of my headphones. However, I cannot...
  10. Sample rate and bit depth unchangeable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sample rate and bit depth unchangeable: I ran into a problem whilst trying to fix the same problem as this post but I couldn't get the sample rate and bit depth to change and it seems locked for some reason. Photo of it being locked: [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitrate is grayed out windows 10

2. speaker sample rate greyed out

3. windows 10 1903 bit depth