Windows 10: I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

Discus and support I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to connect to any link in my emails or web pages when running windows 10 or edge. When i try, all I get is a script like box and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillAndersoninnetx, Oct 26, 2019.

1. I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

I am unable to connect to any link in my emails or web pages when running windows 10 or edge. When i try, all I get is a script like box and I cannot go any further. Please advise me on what to do. This does not happen when I use the Google or Firefox browser.

:)

BillAndersoninnetx, Oct 26, 2019

2. Email links on Web pages

Hi Group
    When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that association.
    Appreciate your help.
    Bob

awildttrout, Oct 26, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

"unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK."

What email client were you using in 7, Live Mail, Outlook or other ? On Windows 10 Mail app, the address link will open in your preferred email client. On mine, it opens in Thunderbird. Start with Settings/Apps/Default apps to see that the base settings are correct. If so, then dig deeper by following dalchina's settings advice.
    But If you want to do this entirely on your browser, why not just read and write your yahoo! email on your web browser ? IE: Open browser, open yahoo! mail, click address or web links in message to compose, DONE. Or are you saying clicking an address link on a web page doesn't open yahoo! mail ? If that's the case, it's your browser settings.

mrgeek, Oct 26, 2019
  4. I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

Email links on Web pages

I should have been more clear. I use windows 10, but I run windows 7 in a Virtual machine.
    I was able to go into control panel and set an association between Chrome and Outlook. Now what happens is that clicking on an email link on a web page opens a new tab with with the "mail to" info in the address bar of the new tab, not in an email program. I have a laptop on which this process works as it should: the first time I click on an email link, asks me which program on my system I would like to use, and then works as it should.

awildttrout, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

1. I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page. - Similar Threads - unable connect link

2. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  3. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  4. Unable to view my emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view my emails: Hi, The login screen https://login.live.com does not display for me to sign in to my hotmail account on all browsers on any computer at home and other computers outside! I was able to access it a few minutes ago through Edge on this computer but now it won't display the...
  5. Limited view of titles on web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Limited view of titles on web pages: Win 10. Have had a blocked view of things like some news headlines on main page of like Yahoo Frontier news, etc. Tried clearing cache, reloading, changing font size. Nothing. Any ideas? On pic you can see the titles under main picture are half blocked. Happens on other pages...
  6. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  7. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  8. Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,: unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK. Win 10 ANOTHER MATTER: IT starts some window/PAGE/APP labeled as "INBOX YAHOO" that is a want-to-be email...
  9. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...
  10. Web Page Losing Connection

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Losing Connection: I am losing my webpage frequently. Then I need to click on "Recover Webpage". I am also receiving up to 70 spam mails a day. I am presently using internet explorer 11. I do not know where to start to fix this. I am using Norton Security, CCleaner, Malwarebytes anti-Malware,...