Windows 10: I am unable to connect to some specific websites

Discus and support I am unable to connect to some specific websites in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arnab Pati, Apr 19, 2023.

1. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I tried brave and edge both having the same problem. I went into the proxy settings and there was a checkmark infront of "Use proxy script" followed by an IP address. I tried unchecking it but it keeps on checking itself on its own.OS: Windows 10 Home version 22H2BUILD: 19045.2728

:)

Arnab Pati, Apr 19, 2023

2. Unable to connect to a specific website.

Unable to connect to a specific website (treasurydirect.gov). Yet no problem connecting to others websites. I receive an error message: ''outdated or unsecure TLS settings.' I contacted the owners who stated their systems were all operational and there
    was no problem with the website. I tried using both edge and internet explorer. I tried disabling the Microsoft firewall. I checked and installed any outstanding Windows 10 software updates. I re-started my Surface. Still the same problem.

I recognize that I am not particularly technically adept. But I am very willing to follow those procedures or tips that will permit me to access my financial data at the treasurydirect website. And needless to say, I will be very appreciate of the help.

RogerFarrar, Apr 19, 2023
  3. unable to connect some websites

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • How is your computer connected to the internet? Wired/Wireless?
    • Are you facing this issue with all the browsers?
    • Did you try to access the same websites from any other device?

I request you to run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 19, 2023
  4. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

Can't connect to one specific website

Hi Adrian,

You concern with the website that you're unable to access can be due to incompatibility issues between the recent update that you've done and with your University website. Can you confirm if you're still experiencing this issue as of the moment? If so, we
    apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience this has caused you. We also appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Since this issue only started when you updated Windows, we suggest that you rollback to the previous version. to do this, you can restore from a system restore point. This will take your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a
    system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new Windows update. Also, this won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Follow the steps below on how to restore from a system restore point:

• Select the Start button, type control panel
      and then choose it from the list of results.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Once done, check if you're able to access your University website.

We'll wait for any update so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

I am unable to connect to some specific websites

1. I am unable to connect to some specific websites - Similar Threads - unable connect specific

2. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  3. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  4. I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website: Recently I have been unable to start my VPN or indeed access any VPN website, hwoever my current VPN oprovider is working fine on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-a-vpn-or-access-any-vpn/9eb942c3-e68b-4d9e-93fa-c58f490be0c4
  5. I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website: Recently I have been unable to start my VPN or indeed access any VPN website, hwoever my current VPN oprovider is working fine on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-a-vpn-or-access-any-vpn/9eb942c3-e68b-4d9e-93fa-c58f490be0c4
  6. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect to some specific websites: I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I tried brave and edge both having the same problem. I went into the proxy settings and there was a checkmark infront of "Use proxy...
  7. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to connect to some specific websites: I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I tried brave and edge both having the same problem. I went into the proxy settings and there was a checkmark infront of "Use proxy...
  8. Unable to open some websites

Unable to open some websites: Can't open some websites I am using google chrome but for some odd reason, I was unable to open some websites. I did a google search for Real Estate Lawyer Toronto to find who are the lawyers offering real estate closing services. Is it because of a virus or some other...
  9. Unable to connect to a website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to a website: Hello, I’m unable to connect to this particular [site](netcarshow.com) from Win10 (tried chrome, firefox, edge), it keeps saying ‘This site can’t be reached’. But I have no trouble connecting from my iPhone. Any idea why and how to fix it? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0...
  10. I am unable to connect to one website

I am unable to connect to one website: I cannot connect to a webmail site I have used for years. I can go to other sites. I can get to the webmail from other computers, but not this one. I tried 3 different browsers. The problem is not at their end. Any suggestions?...