Windows 10: I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

Discus and support I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vivekanandayengaldas, Jul 8, 2020.

1. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but... [​IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked.

:)

vivekanandayengaldas, Jul 8, 2020

2. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available.
    I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the internet. When I click this Wifi Icon , a window pops up and on its top it shows my ssid and below it shows connected. Disconnect option is also here.
    Please suggest some remedial measure.
    I have already changed my Wifi adapter - previously it was Wayona and now I am using Prolink. Both works well.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Castiel Win User
    New Internet Connection Help!

Okay I have been using this crappy Sprint Wireless internet in my moms computer, and I would have it set up as a Home/Office Network where I would hook up a Cat5 cable into the network card and It would send a internet connection through the cable into my computer and the Sprint internet is a USB stick that is in the USB slot in the back of her computer. Well I just got AT&T internet and I don't need the Home network any more or the cable hooked up to my moms computer. But she needs her computer hooked into the the Modem/Router and she is unable to connect to the Modem so I guess that it is still in the network phase. So I am wandering how do I fix her computer where she is connected by the modem through her network card? Because I think that it is still trying to send not receive information through her network card.

Before: Sprint internet Connected through USB----> Internet Connection------>Network Card-----> Cat5/Ethernet---->My Computer=INternet

///----->Wirless Internet---> My Computer= Internet*Big Grin I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but... :D
    After New internet: Modem/Router Internet connection-----> Network Card----->Computer--->Unable to connect to Modem/Router*Bang Head :banghead:---->No internet

Castiel, Jul 8, 2020
  4. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

internet not connecting

Hello and thank you for your response.

Do you mean, connect the cable to the computer and then go to Control Panel and disable the wireless? (don't know if it has that, will have to check)

Will check the network and sharing centre. Am really flying completely blind at the moment and am receiving all kinds of help so if this works it is due to nothing I have conjured up.. Just so everyone knows. Just when I thought I was pretty good at this stuff.. I wasn't.

Ok.. tried all that.. there was no network set up as I have just reformatted the computer.. I am stumped.. I have reformatted before and just plugged in the ADSL cord and Bobs your uncle..
    This is the first time I have had trouble with the internet connecting in this house. We have outlets in just about every room and the courtyard.. plug the cord into the computer.. the other end into the outlet.. and I have access to the internet..

I hope I am doing the right thing by writing in the same post until there is an answer..? I didn't see the point in having a running commentary of each step wasting space and boring people lol..

Thanks for looking in ..

Kymberly_S, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

1. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but... - Similar Threads - unable connect internet

2. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  6. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  7. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  8. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  9. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...