Windows 10: I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing!

Discus and support I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an ASUS X540MA laptop. I have had this issue for about a month, but I didn't have any time to take my laptop to get fixed, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MadsiePG, Jun 21, 2019.

1. MadsiePG Win User

I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing!

Hello,

I am using an ASUS X540MA laptop. I have had this issue for about a month, but I didn't have any time to take my laptop to get fixed, and I have tried many steps, but couldn't fix this issue myself.
    My laptop is unable to connect via Wi-Fi. I remember this happening out of nowhere, while I was browsing the net. There is a red cross on the computer in the taskbar. I tried fixing the issue by reseting the adapters as well as the network configurations. One of the first things I tried was performing a network reset, but that didn't work. I proceeded to do a fabric reset thinking it would solve the problem, but it didn't. I tried to update my network adapter again, but when I went in Device Manager, my network adapter was missing. I tried to manually install an adapter from the ASUS website, and I did, but then when I restarted my laptop to complete the installation there was no adapter in Device Manager.
    I have tried so many steps, as well as the ones I've found here, but nothing seems to be working. Also, I thought that maybe my chipset died, but when I pinged it through cmd, I got a response.

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

:)

MadsiePG, Jun 21, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Wi-Fi adapter missing after windows update

I came home today to my machine having updated without my permission, and now my Wi-Fi adapter is completely missing from Windows and I can't connect to the internet.

It's not listed as an adapter in network connections, it's not listed in the device manager, there are no Wi-Fi options in the network & internet settings.

How do I revert the windows update?

MaxwellNelson-Gal, Jun 21, 2019
  4. helios799 Win User

Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

I've recently upgraded my home PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've been using a Realtek USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. After installing the new OS and running it for the first time, I couldn't connect to my home network.

After reinstalling the drivers supplies by the manufacturer and reattaching the adapter, I attempted to again connect to the network. The "Verifying and connecting" message displayed, but after closing Settings and returning to the same page, all of the Wi-Fi settings have disappeared, like the drivers have crashed.

I can also confirm that this problem isn't unique to my network.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

helios799, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing! - Similar Threads - unable connect via

2. Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks: Hello Microsoft support team. Recently I started using a new computer to which I installed windows 11 from scratch using the official image you provide, downloaded the official drivers of the manufacturer Minisforum and everything works well except for wifi connectivity. I...
  3. Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks: Hello Microsoft support team. Recently I started using a new computer to which I installed windows 11 from scratch using the official image you provide, downloaded the official drivers of the manufacturer Minisforum and everything works well except for wifi connectivity. I...
  4. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  5. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

9. Missing wi fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing wi fi adapter: how do i find my wifi adapter? it disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-wi-fi-adapter/74dcae93-f457-4f34-80dc-3ce910bcc1b2
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections: I've encountered a problem with my Wireless connection as I think the driver got corrupted when Windows 10's auto update tried updating it but failed. The result was me being unable to "Enable" the adapter in Network and Sharing Centre/Network Adapters. It kept on saying...