Windows 10: I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10

Discus and support I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have accidentally changed my administrator rights to users rightsfor installing a printer driver. I am using windows 10. I have checked the web and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keith CHLO, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10

I have accidentally changed my administrator rights to users rightsfor installing a printer driver. I am using windows 10. I have checked the web and used the netplwiz in command prompt to follow the instructions to change to users rights. But now as I wanted to changed back to administrator right, I am not able to. I go to accounts setting and there is not "family and other users" tab for me to choose and when I was prompted to enter the administrator password, the "YES" was greyed out. I have not other choices to choose from except NO. Is there any experts can advise me how to resolve this issue? Many thanks.

:)

Keith CHLO, Feb 18, 2019

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 18, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10

unable to create tray icon...

@p060477 careful there, I think u might have run into that GPU-Z requires administrator rights and if so the application cannot start during normal startup, I noticed this in 8.1 too if I didn't disable the administrator also done this in Windows 10.

There r a couple of ways u can create this task in Task Scheduler I used some for ppl that want OpenVPN to connect automatically under startup in Windows 10 because it needs to be ran as administrator to work.

puma99dk|, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10

1. I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable create administrator

2. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  3. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  4. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  6. I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am unable to change from standard to administrator in windows 10: I changed my account to standard to administrator. I want to change it back but I cannot it is showing that enter the password and admin username but there is now box that I can. When i go to my account setting it only gibes me 4 option. 1:youremail. 2:sign in option. 3:work...
  7. I am unable to create administrator account at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to create administrator account at all: Hi, I tried all possible ways to create or change the account type to administrator and I could not. Every time I get a tab mentioning to make changes you need to enter password as administrator with 'No' as option. I could not see 'Yes' option. I tried all possible ways and...
  8. I am unable to create new folders

I am unable to create new folders: I can right-click to pull up the "New" list, and it does appear, but "New Folder" is missing from the list. Ctrl-Shift-N does nothing The "New Folder" button on the Home menu in File Explorer does nothing. I have tried several fixes that have been suggested elsewhere,...
  9. Unable to gain Administration rights

Unable to gain Administration rights: Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any search. Is there a fix?...
  10. Unable to create New Folder upon right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create New Folder upon right click: I cant open new folder with a right click of the mouse ***Original Title: Right click on mouse not working after update*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folder-upon-right-click/3d177862-5bc1-4160-bfd0-d8d13fd7d2de

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am unable create administrator in win 10