Windows 10: I am unable to create administrator account at all

Discus and support I am unable to create administrator account at all in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I tried all possible ways to create or change the account type to administrator and I could not. Every time I get a tab mentioning to make changes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJESHJARAJANA, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I am unable to create administrator account at all

Hi, I tried all possible ways to create or change the account type to administrator and I could not. Every time I get a tab mentioning to make changes you need to enter password as administrator with 'No' as option. I could not see 'Yes' option. I tried all possible ways and ended up in a same loop of the mentioned tab. also, I tried to reach out support team but no one has responded. I even tried to get a a call from you. but no help.

is there a way you can respond first and then solve this issue

:)

RAJESHJARAJANA, Feb 22, 2021

2. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 22, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 22, 2021
  4. I am unable to create administrator account at all

Unable to create account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to access this option?
    • Do you have any other accounts that you are able to login?
    Try to Enable the Hidden Admin account:

From Login Screen try the below steps.

• On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down
      while you select Power > Restart
      (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
    • Click on Command Prompt, type the command and click
      enter.

• net user Administrator /active:yes
      (there is a space after administrator)
    Restart the computer to login to admin account
    and then create new user account and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I am unable to create administrator account at all

1. I am unable to create administrator account at all - Similar Threads - unable create administrator

2. Unable to Create Microsoft Account Blocked Network Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Create Microsoft Account Blocked Network Administrator: Yes Yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-microsoft-account-blocked-network/2ad64bd3-42ba-43e5-8888-0a69d6fba42f
  3. Unable to Create Microsoft Account Blocked Network Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Create Microsoft Account Blocked Network Administrator: Yes Yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-microsoft-account-blocked-network/2ad64bd3-42ba-43e5-8888-0a69d6fba42f
  4. create administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  5. create administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  6. I am unable to create my work account on windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am unable to create my work account on windows: Hi I am trying to create work account on windows , I am the administrator . But this error is showing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-create-my-work-account-on-windows/537f3e28-ca77-49c3-a98c-cbb1302f86b7
  7. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  8. I am unable to create new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to create new folders: I can right-click to pull up the "New" list, and it does appear, but "New Folder" is missing from the list. Ctrl-Shift-N does nothing The "New Folder" button on the Home menu in File Explorer does nothing. I have tried several fixes that have been suggested elsewhere,...
  9. I am local account administrator but

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am local account administrator but: I am local account administrator but do not have the rights to stop windows defender. Just switched from Windows 7 2days ago. I am the only person on this computer and had no problems with windows 7. 10 is a strange animal to me. Thanks Richard...
  10. I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to create a new administrator rights in windows 10: I have accidentally changed my administrator rights to users rightsfor installing a printer driver. I am using windows 10. I have checked the web and used the netplwiz in command prompt to follow the instructions to change to users rights. But now as I wanted to changed...