Windows 10: I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files

Discus and support I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently Gears5 game started crashing and any number of attempts to fix it didnt work. I tried uninstalling using Microsoft Store, it doesnt delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SatishKumarN, Oct 16, 2019.

1. I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files

Recently Gears5 game started crashing and any number of attempts to fix it didnt work. I tried uninstalling using Microsoft Store, it doesnt delete the files and hence when I try installing again it doesnt reinstall and takes less than a minute to complete the installation (the size of the game is 71 GB).

Hence I want to delete it completely, found out that the installed location of the game is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.74.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, when I try to delete I get the below error

I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files 1a4cd74e-ada4-4356-ab3a-20707b137fb0?upload=true.jpg

I am the administrator for the system and have full control on the folder. Clicking on continue throws me the below error (I have masked the name). I have logged in as the same user that is being shown and also part of the administrators group.

I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files 24356dbc-c5d5-4212-937d-6de4a6b530b4?upload=true.jpg

I have tried all possibilities - Booted in safe mode, tried with 3rd party app (lockhunter) but still unable to delete.

I am unable to reinstall the game, because the folder already exists and is taking 71GB of space.

I just want to reclaim the space and have given up on playing Gears 5.

Please help!!!

Regards

Satish

:)

SatishKumarN, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 16, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files

1. I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files - Similar Threads - unable delete Gears5

2. I am not able to Delete this Folder..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to Delete this Folder..: This is the folder and it has no name on itWhen i try to delete it, windows shows :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-folder/25131f88-f594-4652-9127-846a67c37997
  3. I am not able to Delete this Folder..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to Delete this Folder..: This is the folder and it has no name on itWhen i try to delete it, windows shows :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-folder/25131f88-f594-4652-9127-846a67c37997
  4. I am unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to Delete a Folder: I Downloaded bluestacks and then tried Downloading games but couldn't download any games, so I looked up on why its happening. I tried the options it told me but nothing worked so i choose to Uninstall it. Setting>App>Uninstall BlueStacks.. As I Finished uninstalling it, I...
  5. I am unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to Delete a Folder: I Downloaded bluestacks and then tried Downloading games but couldn't download any games, so I looked up on why its happening. I tried the options it told me but nothing worked so i choose to Uninstall it. Setting>App>Uninstall BlueStacks.. As I Finished uninstalling it, I...
  6. I am unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How we delete Temporary Internet Files...I am Unable to delete it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How we delete Temporary Internet Files...I am Unable to delete it: Hello Everyone I check this but the Disk Cleaner is unable to delete it... Is there any solution? I also attached a Picture [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to delete files or folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folder: I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 and I need to delete a folder containing about 6 files and 4 sub folders. When I click delete, I get the following error: [img] I am then prompted with a dialog where I enter the administrator username and password. I then get the...
  9. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  10. Unable to delete files and folders

Unable to delete files and folders: I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it. This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?...