Windows 10: I am unable to detect a camera on Skype

Discus and support I am unable to detect a camera on Skype in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a USB camera that I purchased and it can work in Zoom and in the Camera app. However, it does not work for Skype and Teams. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShabbySG, May 24, 2021.

1. ShabbySG Win User

I am unable to detect a camera on Skype

Hello there, I have a USB camera that I purchased and it can work in Zoom and in the Camera app. However, it does not work for Skype and Teams. Any help will be much appreciated. We have tried the privacy options and this is what it looks like:I also noticed that the Skype can detect the mic in the

:)

ShabbySG, May 24, 2021
  2. tommyruud Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, May 24, 2021
  3. tommyruud Win User

Hi,

I have a new Huawei Matebook D14 with Windows 10 operating system. I have installed the Office-package and Skype for Business. In Windows' camera settings I can not activate the camera for Skype for Business, because Skype for Business is not listed as an alternative as an application to activate/deactivate. When I go to Skype for Business internal settings I get a message that says

"We can not find a camera: If you already have one, open device management in Windows to control that it is installed and working" (my own translation from Norwegian to English).

I have tried those basic tips and tricks. I have also tried to repair and reinstall Skype for Business.

The basic Skype-version is also installed and is listed in the list of applications that can have the camera acitvated/deactivated. The camera works with the basic Skype-version itself.

The problem seems to be that I do not have Skype for Business as an option inside Windows' settings for activating/deactivating the camera. Does anybody have a solution?

tommyruud, May 24, 2021
  4. tommyruud Win User

Yes, unless I have missed something. If you mean Privacy -> Camera -> Skype for Business, then activate/deactivate. My problem is that Skype for Business is not in the list of applications under 'Camera'.

Screenshot attached.

I am unable to detect a camera on Skype [​IMG]

tommyruud, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. I am unable to detect a camera on Skype - Similar Threads - unable detect camera

2. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  3. Windows unable to detect camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows unable to detect camera: My laptop was working fine till today when the inbuilt camera just stopped working. It kept saying NoCamerasAreAttaches. I tried looking up solutions, yet none of them seemed to work and camera wasn’t even showing up on device manager. At last I completely factory reset my...
  4. Camera on laptop is not detected and i am now unable to make video meetings

Camera on laptop is not detected and i am now unable to make video meetings: All of a sudden the camera on my computer is not detected and i am not able to use my camera for video meetings. It says : Unable to detect a camera....
  5. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  6. Camera detect by Skype but not by others programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera detect by Skype but not by others programs on Windows 10: Hi, I have a strange issu since few days My Camera works fine on Skype, but if I use Teams or just the webcam app, the camera is not detected. I already checked on the webcam settings I authorised the webcam for all my apps, but Teams is not on the list for the apps I...
  7. Skype Camera Controls

Skype Camera Controls: I haec Logitech HD Pro 920 camera. Using the Logitech App I can zoom etc and the image works fine. Using camera control settings in Skype, nothing changes. I have updated my Skype App home use. I use Windows 10 and Office 365. As a matter of fact I reloaded the software...
  8. "No camera found" on Skype

"No camera found" on Skype: Why do i have "video calling disabled, no camera found" on Skype ?. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype . Camera is turned on in settings , ,windows up to date too, antivirus up to date. where do i find Skype tool too please. I am new to internet Thank you * Moved from...
  9. camera settings for Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera settings for Skype: In trying to make a video call on Skype, it gives me a message that says Skype needs permission to use your camera. When checking on my camera settings, it shows that it is on for Skype. What is the problem. The camera has worked in the past....
  10. Why doesn't skype detect my camera is on and enabled (windows 10)

Why doesn't skype detect my camera is on and enabled (windows 10): My camera is on, permissions enabled for Skype yet I get this message: No device found. How do I fix this? Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Skype version 8.33.0.41 Application version 14.33.41.0 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...