Windows 10: I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other...

Discus and support I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Exactly what title says. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Resetting photos didn't work. Restarting computer didn't work. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ConnorOtt2, Jan 29, 2020.

1. I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other...

Exactly what title says. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Resetting photos didn't work. Restarting computer didn't work. Any ideas?

:)

ConnorOtt2, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Arcadian Win User

Looking for a good photo editing software package

Looking for a good simple photo editing software package with gamma sliders etc....
    Much appreciate any suggestions as not an expert....
    Thanks

Arcadian, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Unable to edit photos

Dear Sir,

I am trying to edit my photos but unable to do as I upgrade my computer system to Windows 10 from 7.

I have too much issues with more things like unable to get drivers for sounds, unable to edit, reduce photos. As in windows 7 it is very friendly to use one system software for editing or reducing the size o my photos.

Please help me to solve the issues.

Regards,

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 5100

Ravindra Sandye, Jan 29, 2020
  4. I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other...

Editing an existing Project MP4 File to reduce the content and change the name of the Project

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps and check if that helps:

• Right click the file and select ‘open with’ to click on Photo app. This will open the file in the Photo app.
    • Now that you have opened the video file with the Photos app, click Edit & Create, and then click Trim option.
    • Finally, click ‘Save a copy’ option to create a new video file by omitting the trimmed portion of the video. The new video file can be found at the location of the original video.
    Suggest you to refer this article to edit a photo and check if that makes any difference.

Edit photos and videos:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27916

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other...

1. I am unable to edit a mp4 file using any editing software. Photos says "Choose Some Other... - Similar Threads - unable edit mp4

2. New photo editing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  3. New photo editing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  4. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  5. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  6. Editing a zoom meeting MP4 file

Editing a zoom meeting MP4 file: Hi I did a demonstration/education by Zoom that is 30 minutes long. It needs editing so that I can distribute it to some people. I need to cut out sections of the zoom meeting during the course of 45 minutes. I have been unsuccessful in doing that with any Microsoft product...
  7. best photo editing software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    best photo editing software: What is the best free photo editing software that works with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-photo-editing-software/e07c2cab-ca06-40a4-992f-a1b26c111c4f"
  8. unable to save edited photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save edited photos: I'm unable to save edited photos. They are mine, I took them and placed them on my Windows laptop and share them with my iphone and ipad. I do not understand technobabble. I need the editing format to work, simple as that, I need the fix. If someone answers that if I share to...
  9. Free photo editing software

Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2
  10. Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others

Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others: This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It doesn't work all the time. The app itself never fails to launch but with about half of the pictures that I try to edit give me...