Windows 10: I am unable to find my saved document

Discus and support I am unable to find my saved document in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unable to find my backups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-my-saved-document/822a49b7-812d-4acf-b552-9377b42303d6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DorothyAmor, May 14, 2021.

1. I am unable to find my saved document

Unable to find my backups

:)

DorothyAmor, May 14, 2021
  2. BobZ Win User

Unable to Save to Documents

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer? I think that should fix my problem.

In a not so critical glitch, my computer will not go to sleep using the power settings in the control panel.

3. cannot save document to document file.

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to save documents. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you sign in as administrator?
    • Is the issue specific saving the file to this particular folder?
    • What type of file are you trying to save?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise when the user account that you have logged does not have Administrature previlage.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Check for the Administrator account.

3) Log Off from your computer and Login through Administrator account.

4) Again press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

5) Select your Microsoft Account and click on Properties button.

6) Click on Group Membership tab and check on Administrator.

7) Log off from your computer and try logging in through Microsoft account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 14, 2021
  4. BobZolto Win User

I am unable to find my saved document

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under security, it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the security tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to
    save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer?

BobZolto, May 14, 2021
Thema:

I am unable to find my saved document

1. I am unable to find my saved document - Similar Threads - unable find saved

2. i am unable to find usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to find usb.: I tried everything means: reinstalled , unenabled & disable of usb driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-usb/c5d23dc3-18f1-4313-bb11-7b77328bcb26
  3. i am unable to find usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am unable to find usb.: I tried everything means: reinstalled , unenabled & disable of usb driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-usb/c5d23dc3-18f1-4313-bb11-7b77328bcb26
  4. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  5. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  6. I am unable to open photos in My Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to open photos in My Documents: All photos that I try to open individually come back with an error: FILE SYSTEM ERROR -2147219196 Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this so that I can just view photos one at a time not as a slide show from the document rather than having to go a convoluted way in...
  7. i am unable to find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i am unable to find my printer: i am not getting my printer canon MF3010 when i connect it to my laptop even i try to connect it by my another desktop the printer and cable both are working proper . its only not getting connect to my laptop...
  8. unable to save files to Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. Programs unable to save files in my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs unable to save files in my documents: Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it. The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to...
  10. Unable to Save to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Save to Documents: I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to...