Windows 10: I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

Discus and support I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdnanHossain123, Mar 14, 2022.

1. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately I am unable to because it says my device is inactive. I need an active device to obtain the Bitlocker Key.I followed this linkhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/re-enable-the-use-of-device-which-has-been-disable/18596a75-539a-4a71-8ae4-4316751f9690 and its telling me I need to give my device

:)

AdnanHossain123, Mar 14, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2022
  3. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Mar 14, 2022
  4. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

1. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive - Similar Threads - unable Bitlocker Key

2. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device: I cannot view my Bitlocker Recovery Keys on my Microsoft account. It has been like this for 4 days. I spoke to support and they told me I would have to wait for this bug to fix itself. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of more people in the hope that it may be...
  3. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device: I cannot view my Bitlocker Recovery Keys on my Microsoft account. It has been like this for 4 days. I spoke to support and they told me I would have to wait for this bug to fix itself. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of more people in the hope that it may be...
  4. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...: Hi Team, Can anyone assist me to Bypass my Bit locker key. I lost my Bit locker recovery key, and I am unable to login because it gives me error to bypass Bit Locker key....
  6. when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key: when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-look-at-devices-in-my-account-to-find/8a1b3139-6652-4e7c-b194-1cb1b857875a
  7. when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key

when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key: when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-look-at-devices-in-my-account-to-find/8a1b3139-6652-4e7c-b194-1cb1b857875a
  8. I am unable to delete my bitlocker keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to delete my bitlocker keys: Every time I try to delete BitLocker keys it just denies it, how do I fix this?And yes these are all real but I'm obviously censoring them using inspect elementI've tried every browser and nothing works, Idk how to report this as an issue sooo I putting this is a topic for...
  9. I am unable to delete my bitlocker keys

I am unable to delete my bitlocker keys: Every time I try to delete BitLocker keys it just denies it, how do I fix this?And yes these are all real but I'm obviously censoring them using inspect elementI've tried every browser and nothing works, Idk how to report this as an issue sooo I putting this is a topic for...
  10. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive: This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately...