Windows 10: I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up

Discus and support I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start windows 10 pro it gets to the screen with the picture and clock but never brings me to the sign in screen. My mouse and keyboard seem not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardLevin1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up

When I start windows 10 pro it gets to the screen with the picture and clock but never brings me to the sign in screen. My mouse and keyboard seem not to be working on this screen.......Help how do I get in??

:)

RichardLevin1, Jan 31, 2020

2. Surface pro issue- Unable to Sign-in

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions to better understand your query.

1. Do you mean that you are unable to sign in to your User Account?

2. If yes, are you using a Microsoft Account or a local account?

However, I would suggest you try using the On-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below.

1. Click on the ease of access icon and then select On-screen Keyboard.

2. If you are able to login using the on screen keyboard. You need to update your drivers in the Device Manager. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.

• Expand Keyboard.

• Right-click on the Keyboard and select
      Update Driver Software

• Restart the computer and check.
    If you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account, you may recover your password by click on the link below and following the mentioned steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 31, 2020
  4. I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up

Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up

1. I am unable to get to sign in screen on start up - Similar Threads - unable sign screen

2. Why am I unable to sign in to onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to sign in to onedrive?: Why am I unable to sign in to onedrive? Unable to connect my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-sign-in-to-onedrive/49ffca7e-3a41-4693-837c-1993e692be71
  3. I am unable to sign in into one drive. How to get signed in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in into one drive. How to get signed in?: Please let me know how can I sign into one drive. I have tried so many times and yet failed. I am unable to take any screenshots in my laptop....
  4. I am unable to sign in into one drive. How to get signed in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign in into one drive. How to get signed in?: Please let me know how can I sign into one drive. I have tried so many times and yet failed. I am unable to take any screenshots in my laptop....
  5. I am unable to sign it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  6. I am unable to sign it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  7. Can’t sign in on the start up screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t sign in on the start up screen: Hey there! So yesterday my PC was working as normal. Today I went on and when I get to the start up screen when I usually enter my pin. It actually just has my account name, picture and a sign in button. I click the sign in button but it brings up a quick box and then closes....
  8. I am unable to sign into Microsoft Bingo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign into Microsoft Bingo.: I keep getting the following Message: There was a problem connecting to the Bingo server. If the problem persists, please check the Bingo support page at http://aka.ms/msbingost...
  9. I am unable to sign in in my desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in in my desktop.: Hello, I have me and my brother as Windows account user in my desktop. I restarted the PC yesterday and after that, there is message coming that the PC is unlock. I tried each sign in option and there was no success. I am attaching the screenshot for that. I searched...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msbingost