Windows 10: I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content...

Discus and support I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am unable to install Fsx 2020 as it can only be installed on the C driveand it only has 42GB available. I have made sure all new content is saved to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JamesBXY, Sep 14, 2020.

1. JamesBXY Win User

I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content...

I am unable to install Fsx 2020 as it can only be installed on the C driveand it only has 42GB available.

I have made sure all new content is saved to the D drive however despite doing this the drop down menu

only offers me my C drive. I have restarted the Pc and the Microsoft app store however this has not worked.

:)

JamesBXY, Sep 14, 2020
  2. zsde Win User

FSX Gold Edition unable to reinstall.

My first post here as I am at my wits end.
    Did a new install of my FSX on my desktop computer. It was never on there before. The installation went well and I then attempted to install my old PMDG 737 and also some old scenery and schedule files. So that messed it up and I decided to start a fresh installation of FSX and that is where I the installation now refuses to complete.

The installation is done on a clean drive E:\ Nothing else is on that drive.
    Just before the end of disk 2 the error message comes up " E:\FS\Licenses\client-issuance-ppd.xms-ms and the message appears "Please insert the disk". and that then prevents the finalisation of the installation.

I have been at it for 3 days now. Things I have done. Cleaned every and anything in my C drive and in the registry that contains FSX or FlightSimulator or MS FlightSim. Ran CCleaner. downloaded and ran the MS KB928080. Created a new Admin user to try and install it via that new user.; all without success.

Short of formatting the PC and starting from scratch, I think I have tried everything that has been suggested in the various similar posts.

Where else can I look or what other registry do I need check/change?

I also followed these instructions:
    1. Run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4 . Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and then click OK. If PartMgr is already there, then leave it as is.
    5. Close Registry Editor

Trust that there may be something vital that I have overlooked.
    Thank you for any kind assistance.
    I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content... [​IMG]

I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content... [​IMG]

3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Cleats Win User

I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content...

D Drive Installation

I need to install my programs to the D Drive but I'm uncertain of all the procedures I should take before starting that process.

I think the drive is ready to go but I still have questions like

Should I create a Programs folder for the D Drive and do I just select the D drive for all installation options. Like Installation and folders and etc .....

Do I need to change the storage options or create my own My Documents on the D Drive.

For Example - My 3D software loads my content into My Documents. I guess I can re direct these files to the D Drive also ?

I guess it shouldn't be rocket science but I just haven't installed programs off the c drive before.

Do you have Any Suggestions , tips or tutorials you can recommend ?

Cleats, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. I am unable to instal Fsx to my D drive, even though i have changed where all new content... - Similar Threads - unable instal Fsx

2. I am unable to partiton my D: drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to partiton my D: drive .: Hello,I want to partition it for ubuntu. The option for shrink is showing but not able to press.But for the E: drive i can shrink.What can i do if i want to shrink the D drive?...
  3. I am unable to partiton my D: drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to partiton my D: drive .: Hello,I want to partition it for ubuntu. The option for partition is showing but not able to press.But for the E: drive i can shrink.What can i do if i want to...
  4. Cannot change where new content is installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot change where new content is installed: So I bought Forza Horizon 5 and wanted to install it on my computer but I can't because it tells me there's not enough space on my C: drive although I already changed where new content should be installed and I even tried changing it back to the C: drive and then back to the...
  5. Cannot change where new content is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change where new content is installed: So I bought Forza Horizon 5 and wanted to install it on my computer but I can't because it tells me there's not enough space on my C: drive although I already changed where new content should be installed and I even tried changing it back to the C: drive and then back to the...
  6. Cannot change where new content is installed

7. "Where new content is saved" From C to D drives

"Where new content is saved" From C to D drives: Can't change "Where new content is saved" From C to D drive except "New Apps": receive error code 0x80070002 on everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-new-content-is-saved-from-c-to-d-drives/8510e135-001f-48c7-b636-9abbf4b0328b
  8. Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi all, as can be seen above, I am an administrator. However, I am unable to change certain settings. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-certain-settings-even-though-i-am/787252ae-7991-46bb-8e6e-d4c213742c35
  9. I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.: I wanted to save all new content i.e new downloads, screenshots, new pictures to DATA D: Drive . Pls help me everything is saving in on OS C: Drive but i wanted to save all new content on DATA D: Drive....
  10. Unable to change where new content is saved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change where new content is saved.: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now In Setting when I try to change where new content is saved I get the following error: "We couldn't set your default save location" "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again later". Error code 0x80070005. Any...