Windows 10: I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer.

Discus and support I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I try to install this game I've bought, it tells me that I do not have an applicable device on my device list, even though on my device list it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SkyjinYang, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer.

If I try to install this game I've bought, it tells me that I do not have an applicable device on my device list, even though on my device list it clearly shows that I have my desktop on there. What the bamboo candle should I do?

:)

SkyjinYang, Mar 27, 2020

2. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer.

1. I am unable to install a game through the Microsoft store through my Windows 10 computer. - Similar Threads - unable install game

2. Unable to download Forza 4 through Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download Forza 4 through Microsoft store: When I go to install, I choose my solid state drive, which has more then enough space. The app then gives me blue "loading circles" and then kicks me to Forza's store page. Where it indicates that I've bought the game, but when I place my mouse over the blue "install" button,...
  3. Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store: I OWN this game, it says. I go to install it and a screen comes up, that I have NO device to install it on my Microsoft account.. NOW What? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-game-i-just-purchased-through/000b983b-9e23-4b20-8dda-985865d1d3c1
  4. Unable to install games through xbox app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install games through xbox app Windows 10: Recently I purchased the xbox ultimate pass, but I'm unable to install games on my Windows 10 and login screen doesnt show either due to the follow errors: - 0x803fb107 in the xbox app which leads to the Microsoft store - 0x80070422 --> Windows Update is turned off .......
  5. games downloaded through window store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games downloaded through window store: hello I ran into an issue where a game that I got through the windows store no longer works, as soon as I launch the game it takes me to the windows store and with "gaming services" app which is already installed, installed it again and tried to launch the game and the...
  6. installing games through the online microsoft store

installing games through the online microsoft store: so the new mw wont show up on the microsoft store ap so i looked ate the microsoft store online on google and they had it, so i bought it and i cant install it...
  7. Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store

Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store: When I went into the app store and tried to download paladins, and it said I owned the game. but it also said that I don't have any devices linked to my Microsoft account. I logged in to my Ipad's Microsoft's account but it still doesn't work. I tried refreshing and it says...
  8. Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store

Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store: I have 2 devices with Windows 10 registered on my Microsoft account but I'm unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store in one of them. Any help will be greatly appreciated....
  9. Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store: I am stuck on the Microsoft Store when I try and download an app. Any app I try and download just says "Starting Download" and doesn't change or start a progress bar. Then, it will tell me download failed and it will try again. I tried to run "wsreset" through an...
  10. install instagram on my pc through my microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install instagram on my pc through my microsoft store: i want to install instagram on my pc through microsoft store but microsoft store says "You Own This App " because of this i can not install instagram on my pc so you say how i am install instagram on my pc.....