Windows 10: I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your...

Discus and support I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try the "Set up my PIN" function and enter password and text verification, it says sorry cannot setup PIN at this time and kicks me back to the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LamLee1, Jul 23, 2021.

1. LamLee1 Win User

I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your...

When I try the "Set up my PIN" function and enter password and text verification, it says sorry cannot setup PIN at this time and kicks me back to the "Enter the PIN" screen and I can't enter in the password as an alternative because there is no option to do so. I have tried logging into safe mode, reinstalling windows, and trying to use a local account to try to modify the Windows Hello settings but they still require the PIN that does not work because it could not be verified. Short of trying to boot up a completely new Windows 10 installation from USB, I have no idea what could work. Can s

:)

LamLee1, Jul 23, 2021

2. Unable to log in with a PIN

Hi Scott,

Using a PIN is easier to memorize than a long password. However, issues like this can emerge due to corrupted user profile or there are missing files on your user account folder. If the PIN and password will not work, deleting files in the
    Ngc folder can help. To do that, you can follow these steps:

Step #1: Delete the Ngc folder.

• Use your password to log in to Windows 10.
    • Open File Explorer and paste this in the URL box:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.
    • Right click Ngc folder and choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Security tab and click on Advanced button.
    • Locate the Owner section at the top and click Change link.
    • Enter the object name to select enter Administrators, if you’re using administrator account, or your user name and click
      Check Names and click OK.
    • Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and click Apply and OK. Now you should be able to access the
      Ngc folder.
    • Open Ngc folder, select all files and folders in it and delete them.

Step #2: Start creating a new PIN.

After you’ve deleted everything from Ngc folder, you can create new PIN for your Windows 10 device by doing these steps:

• Go to Settings app, then Account Settings.
    • Choose Sign-in Options and click Add a
      PIN
    • Follow the instruction to add a new PIN.
    • Test your PIN using the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • If you cannot find the Command Prompt Admin, you can enable it using Command Prompt and typing net user
      administrator /active:yes
    • After enabling built-in administrator account, you may logon and try resetting the password of the account which is not working. You may disable it later once you are done by entering net user
      administrator /active:no in
      Command Prompt
      . You can use this also if you want to change passwords or
      PINs in other User Accounts.

Let us know if you have questions on the above steps or other queries.

Johann Eva, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jul 23, 2021
  4. angus Win User

I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

1. I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your... - Similar Threads - unable log administrator

2. i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...: i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in options available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-message-that-says-your-pin-isnt/6413d4f8-6c8b-4f68-9cbd-e39e9f27baa2
  3. i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...: i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in options available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-message-that-says-your-pin-isnt/6413d4f8-6c8b-4f68-9cbd-e39e9f27baa2
  4. i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to log in to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in to administrator account: Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried...
  6. I am unable to create administrator account at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to create administrator account at all: Hi, I tried all possible ways to create or change the account type to administrator and I could not. Every time I get a tab mentioning to make changes you need to enter password as administrator with 'No' as option. I could not see 'Yes' option. I tried all possible ways and...
  7. Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account: Following a Windows 10 update I have been unable to log into my single administrator account on my computer. There's 3 account on this machine, and it is connected to the Internet. 1 administrator account and 2 guest accounts. I can log in to guest account. I get an error...
  8. I am unable to log into my microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to log into my microsoft account on my laptop: when I try to log in from settings it shows "oops some error has occurred. It is probably our fault". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-log-into-my-microsoft-account-on-my/2da5cfc7-0c09-49e2-a7da-5d190386dd66
  9. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.: purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-downloading-i-get-the-message-i-am-not-the/79554904-72b7-4a53-8740-b93f16ee5853
  10. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.: purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now...