Windows 10: i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

Discus and support i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i try to open downloaded programs i.e., driver updates for my printer etc., i constantly get a msg. from ' user account control, which states '... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glennabrams, Dec 1, 2020.

1. i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

when i try to open downloaded programs i.e., driver updates for my printer etc., i constantly get a msg. from ' user account control, which states ' do you want this app to make changes to your device', but there is only a box that states no, there is no box stating

yes, the msg further states,' to continue enter an admin. user name and password'. Because of no other options I am forced to check no in order to exit this display.

:)

glennabrams, Dec 1, 2020

2. Program File (.exe) in windows 10

Hello,

We need more information so we can identify why you're unable to open .exe program files. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What happens when you try to open or run the file?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Which specific program are you trying to run or install?

Raymond Ave, Dec 1, 2020
  3. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

1. i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe - Similar Threads - unable open almost

2. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  3. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  4. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to open exe file

Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  6. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  7. I Can't open any .exe program

I Can't open any .exe program: I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the...
  8. Windows Unable to open any program.

Windows Unable to open any program.: My computer gets stuck whenever i try to open any program Even command prompt. The computer becomes unresponsive and freezes for few minutes . I can't execute any operation on it . Can i restore my laptop the way it was few days before ? Hope there's any other way to fix it...
  9. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...
  10. Unable to open any programs in Windows 10

Unable to open any programs in Windows 10: Hi everyone. Recently, I have encountered troubles with Windows 10. I am unable to open any programs, including Chrome or Edge. I can't even Power Down. I have tried to reset my PC, but only comes up with "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes have been...