Windows 10: I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11.

Discus and support I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have read the fixes and none seem to work. Why did Microsoft muck it up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AK2025, Jul 27, 2022.

1. AK2025 Win User

I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11.

I have read the fixes and none seem to work. Why did Microsoft muck it up?

:)

AK2025, Jul 27, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2022
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Jul 27, 2022
  4. mjs17 Win User

Unable to access Zip folder created by "Steps Recorder" in Windows 10

Thank you for the reply.

I already have "hidden files" checked.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify :
    1) Attempting to open file by clicking on it in the "Recent files" list I get the following:

I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11. [​IMG]

2) Unable to find file where it is supposed to be located based on the "File location" path:

3) What I get when attempting to look at "Security" tab:

mjs17, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

1. I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11. - Similar Threads - unable open jpg

2. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  3. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  4. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  5. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  6. I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11.

I am unable to open jpg jpeg etc. in Windows 11.: I have read the fixes and none seem to work. Why did Microsoft muck it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-jpg-jpeg-etc-in-windows-11/62cc5139-991e-4699-8f6f-a83cdfd1ef91
  7. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  8. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  9. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  10. Excel JPEG to jpg

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel JPEG to jpg: Windows 10 Home. I am wanting to rename and number about 30 photos sent by a friend. I have never had any difficulty doing this: just bag them up, name the first one, Enter, and they are all named and numbered. This time I am getting two number ones, two number twos and so...